cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

I forgot to add, I am holding out a sliver, no matter how small, of hope.  When I did the reset I saw that the battery charge icon was "animating" a charge.  Unfortunately when the phone finally booted the battery charge icon was not working again.

I still have to restart the phone for it to take a charge and again, as before, it will restart as soon as the usb charger is plugged in.

Battery life is still deplorable. I could usually get to work with a 10% depletion of the battery when I run "XM" wireless radio.  Now it goes from a "full" charge of 80% to 50% or less in the same commute time.

I am eagerly awaiting a real fix, not the workarounds and patches.

Journeyman

The predictive text issue after the update is why I came on here.  With the touch keyboard, I relied pretty heavily on it.  If I do a factory reset do you think that might bring it back?

Journeyman

Saltman,

I didn't notice it working on mine when I did the reset.  I am used to swype though.

Sorry

Journeyman

The reset will not fix the predictive text.

You will need to download the Gingerbread Keyboard from the market.

Journeyman

got a fix for sd card unmounting. i uninstalled maps updates. youtube updates and market update. and weather channel app and reinstalled them. no more problems with sd card.

Journeyman

I'm sorry but I workarounds, lets get the texting fixed not many of us like swype to text. And yes for some us those icons are microscopic and too dark. Honestly I bought this phone and really liked it. I thought it was simple to use and a nice size too. Now, I am beginning to HATE it with all of these strange problems that we have to "workaround". Quite frankly I have been a customer for years and I am thinking of changing services because of all the problems this update has caused.

Journeyman

This is an extreme inconvenience for everyone, someone should have thought this through before releasing it and ruining our phones and service. I, like many others have experienced SD card issues, my battery will only charge to 79% when plugged in to a wall adapter, it will not power off and stay off to charge. When I do charge it I attempt to power off then remove the battery and replace it, after it comes back on it takes a very long time to charge (overnight brings it to 79%). The "work arounds" don't work I have reset my phone as well. I feel we should all be compensated for this since this has been a huge inconvenience. I am a cancer patient and need my phone all day and every day! Just like everyone else does. This has been going on for over a week (too long), something needs to be done. FIX THIS AND COMPENSATE US FOR OUR INCONVENIENCE. I have one word for everyone at the Sprint stores that have not been able to help or expect payment for something us customers have no control over: VERIZON! 

Journeyman

Im gonna try that --- SIGH...this is just too much.  we just recently visited our parents and we took pics of some really coolstuff, like pics of pics of my parent when they were in ther teens, even -- lots of family history -- so that we could make a CD of the pics and share them with all our fam up here

NOT!!!!! my sister was/is in tears over this --this is really terrible

i just sent her your workaround and we are going to try it --thanks chocobro

Journeyman

Journeyman

Me too -- I feel exactly the same way

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.  Very irritating.  We should have the option to update or not.

Journeyman

I have seemed to fix the volume issue on my phone. My volume was way too high after the update. While I had my mom on the phone I turned the volume all the way up, then all the way back down. I have no idea why this worked but it did. My volume is back to normal now, finally!   

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat