ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

so, April 4th has come and gone... where's the SVJ update? No one seems to be talking about it?

Wizard

To minimize or be alerted of any possible glitches with the new release, the update is being rolled out over a 21 day period. After the last update failed, developers want to ensure that this one does not meet with the same fate. You can always check for software updates from your phone to see if it will allow you to pull the update, but be assured that you will receive it.

Markie_B

Message was edited by: Markie_B

Journeyman

I receive the error message 65 when I am in a Roam area and trying to make or receive a call or text.

Journeyman

I have an 4 LG Optimus S phones on my account. Two of them have had issues since the Gingerbread Update last year. One Stopped charging and SPRINT charged me for a new phone. There were not problems with the phone prior to the update Gingerbread update. Now, I ran the latest update two days ago and my SD Card went Tango Uniform. What is Sprint trying to do to me? Get more money out of me through these updates.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!! to say the least.

What's Next? Perhaps a new cell carrier.

Journeyman

SHOCKED!

Journeyman

If the gingerbread updates are that bad, use the zvd froyo revert sprint supplied back after the failed update in September. Also formating the sdcard from a pc also has been known to help.

Journeyman

did you get this sorted? . i installed the OTA today rebooted applied all updates, ect ..  and still says froyo, so iam thinking this doesnt work for the old version 2.22 just an update/fix for the previous gingerbread 2.23 they sent out last year..  as i had the gingerbread then downgraded back to froyo. Tech support is no help, and the local stores are oblivious to any OTA.. lol.. wth

Journeyman

I had to revert back to Froyo after the previous Gingerbread update last Autumn. Received new Gingerbread update a few days ago which seems to have resolved many of the problems of the former Gingerbread update: in call volume too loud; system crashes; certain apps misbehaving; etc..

But one probelm still persists... I sometimes lose 3G coverage and it won't come back until I restart the phone or -sometimes- if I wait for some variable length of time: a few minutes upto a couple of hours (tested this)!

Any solution to this problem?? I swore that if this Gingerbread update didn't work right I would root my phone... if I can't find a solution to this, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Journeyman

Allowed the 2.3.3 upgrade a few days ago, and now it has *caused* all of the issues it was supposed to fix.  My cell drains from the  USB port on my win 7 machine at work (fine on osx at home), my power button does nothing, and it will occasionally have issues with my sd card.  Any thoughts or solutions?

Sprint Employee

hello nlw311, does your phone currently have ZVH, or ZVJ?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Since the latest update zvj my phone is experiencing very poor battery life. Stays charged at most 4-5 hours. Fixed all other problems so far.

Journeyman

Since the newest upgrade became available my phone wants to install it about a dozen times a day. Since I had planned to wait and see how it was working for others, this is now extremely annoying. I rolled back to Froyo and was doing fine until last week. All of a sudden my phone freezes up on almost every app AND I have to keep telling it I don't want to update yet. UGH!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat