cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Isn't the touch screen a pretty basic function of this phone? One of the reasons we all chose this phone? Why do they keep releasing "upgrades" with problems with the basic phone features? Why aren't they beta testing these upgrades and catching these things for themselves before the "upgrade" is released. If the "upgrade" doesn't work, then it's essentially a "downgrade" in my opinion.

Journeyman

Had the ZVJ update for a couple of weeks with no issues until just a few days ago, when GPS became intermittently unreliable and battery decided it never wanted to charge again. Sometimes its charge will go up by 1% but more often it will discharge while the phone is on. When the phone is powered off, sometimes it will decide it wants to charge very, very slowly. These problems appeared unexpectedly after a brief period of smooth sailing. Very sad.

Sprint Employee

This could be cause by high power consumption. Do you have any task killers/security software installed? Do you turn of features while they aren't being used? Which types of email accounts do you have setup?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

No task killers/security software that I have personally installed (not sure if the phone comes with any by default), and I generally only use Gmail. Occasionally I'll add a Hotmail account (not currently set up) and then clear it out. I used to have GPS tracking apps (e.g. Strava Run, Google's MyTracks), but then the GPS started acting funny and would only update my position once every minute or so instead of more frequently like every second. Then the problem with charging the battery occurred, so I uninstalled all of them (and Facebook because it has caused problems with charging in previous versions of Android)... but none of this helped.

Just managed to get the battery to 19% after fiddling with it for a couple of hours. That should be enough juice for me to get to my office and try out my spare charger there.

Journeyman

I've recently received the ZVJ (never upgraded to the old update) and my phone has been having issues charging ever since.  Sometimes it charges, other times it doesn't.  Sometimes it charges VERY SLOWLY.  I never know what I'm getting until I wake up in the morning to find my phone is dead insted of fully charged.  I need a fix for this!

Journeyman

Mine has been doing this recently too. I just tried a spare LG adapter, and it isn't working on my phone either. I have a feeling it's the OS and not the battery or charger (at least in my case).

Sprint Employee

JENSSPARK, are there any applications that you had used the night previous to waking with a dead battery, or to when the phone is slow to charge. Any task killers/security software installed? Which types of email accounts do you have setup? Did you try resetting your phone after you had updated?

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat