cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was unable to download the driver.  I get a message saying the driver was installed, however it still does not recognize my phone.  Help!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So now I just recieved an E-mail from Sprint stating my bill is available for viewing. Are you kidding me. Where is the E-mail apoligizing for the inconvience, we are sorry for this mishap, we are doing everything we can to fix it. But I have got nothing from Sprint, but pay up sucker. I guarantee you I will not pay them another dime til this is fixed. I had just made my payment when all these problem occured. You bet your butt this is Sprints problem. I don't send my hard earned money to LG or Google each month. Obviously Mikey still has a phone to use. Cause I dont and haven't for 3 days now. Keep getting told my charger is bad, oh yah all 3 of them. And now possibly my battery. UNEXCEPTABLE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jada have you tried doing a master reset on the phone which is a complete wipe out of the Phone. If not I can help you do that and see if it will help you. Also there is another thread on here about some guy saying he got his to charge by taken it to a sprint store and they got it to work by killing some task. The guy that got his phone to work by the store guy doing this says his phone is charging wonderfully.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did a total reset - did not help

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

I can't even get my phone to turn on now. When I plug it in to the charger it does a LG to sprint loop over and over again. Can't get to tell if I have everthing backed up or not. I have so many contacts and info and pictures on my phone. This just has me sick to my stomach. I waited all day to get home and plug in my phone and make sure I had a good connection before doing the update. I live about an hour from the closest Sprint store. I have had to work for the last 3 days. Hopefully my drive to sprint on monday will have a good outcome. I am tired of being told this is my fault.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was unable to install the LG Driver per your instructions.  After two days of trying to install the driver, I went to the following page on the LG site: 

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/mobile-support/mobile-lg-mobile-phone-support.jsp?displayModelCod...

I clicked "LG Andoid Driver" and it actually installed the driver!  My computer now recognizes my phone.  So one problem solved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only annoying issue I am having is I can no longer charge the phone in my car with the car charger and I also have a usb port in the car which the phone will not recognize. Never had this problem before the update. Got the drivers from LG so at least my computer now recognizes the phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The fix stated in red in the original post, that installing android's gingerbread keyboard will help with the autofill problem, does not work.  After installing, restarting, etc, there is still no autofill other than contact lists.  Black screen with microscopic sized indicators, and nothing works on this phone now.  Worst software update I have ever seen.  I've been with Sprint since 1998, but this is it, I am fed up.  About to go out with the family to look at iphones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well your contacts are fine. Your contacts will come back up when you sign in your gmail account. To get to your contacts with out the phone you can log into your google account and you can get to the contacts that way. No the reset did you do the reset while in android or did you do the recovery data reset?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The reason that it isn't working is you have to change the input method. To change the input method on the keyboard when you are typing a text on the bottom left corner there is a button that looks like gear like symbol. Click that and you should have three keyboards, Swype, Android, and Gingerbread. You select the gingerbread and it should no work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You don't understand, my phone is inoperable. It never gives you a screen you can do anything with. If you unplug the charger there is no power. Plug in the phone it turns on and then turns off. Playing that annoying sprint sound over and over again. That is all i get. How are you supposed to reset a phone you can't get to load up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

My phone is having all these symptoms too. This is very frustrating. I don't like the new colors. My phone will not charge more than 80%. It cuts on while plugged in for charging. My camera went our today. This phone has been great until this update. Now it will not function properly. Sprint said I need to buy another phone, but it sounds like that phone will do the same thing because it is the software update, not the phone. Any thoughts?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat