5/2 - this thread is being locked. Please post any comments regarding the latest update in a new discussion. Thanks!
4/2 - A software update to correct these issues is being rolled out beginning 4/4 Please refer to this thread for information
on the update.
As a temporary solution, a download has been made available to revert back to the previous software version (Froyo).
Please see this post for additional information.
Based on your feedback, Sprint and LG are investigating issues reported following the LG Optimus update to Gingerbread.
Most of these issues are intermittent and are not experienced by all customers. Workarounds are noted below where applicable.
More information will be posted here as it becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience.
9/27 - Sprint and LG are continuing to troubleshoot these issues and will provide more information as it becomes
available. In addition to the temporary workarounds noted below, it's also recommended to factory reset your device.
You can find the instructions for the factory reset here. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.
9/29 - We are continuing to work with LG and hope to have more information to you very soon. Also wanted to let
everyone know that the call volume issue has been reported and is being investigated.
10/3 - As a temporary solution, we are working on making the Froyo software update available as a download. We
expect to have this available today. Once it's available, I will provide a link to it in this post.
UPDATE: Here is the post with info on downloading the Froyo software
- Device not charging when plugged into a computer via USB or the AC Wall Adapter. The Battery status under
Settings > About Phone > Status will read "Discharging" while the device is plugged in.
Workaround: Charge the device with a wall charger while the device is powered off.
If this is not a viable workaround for you, visit or contact a Service & Repair center for a possible exchange. This
issue is not occurring on all devices.
- No access to data services (indicated by the lack of a 1X or 3G next to the Signal Indicator).
Workaround: From the dial pad, type ##72786# (##SCRTN#) and the device's MSL. The device will power cycle and
perform a hands free activation which will resolve the issue. Note: If you do not know your MSL, contact
Sprint Customer Service at 888-211-4727 for assistance.
- SD card un-mounted or removed message while the SD card is inserted in the device
Workaround: Power the device off and back on and the card will be recognized
- Device is not recognized by Windows XP, Vista, or 7 when connected to a PC via a USB connection.
Workaround: Re-install the LG USB Drivers on the PC:
2. Click on Mobile Drivers
3. Select the Sprint LGALS670.zip (Sprint Android Drivers for XP, Vista and Win7) package
- Predictive text with the Android keyboard is not working
Workaround: use the Swype keyboard which will still show predictive text if selected in the settings menu.
1. To switch to the Swype keyboard:
Go to Home>Menu>Settings>Language&Keyboard>Select Input Method>Swype.
2. To ensure word prediction is enabled when using the Swype keyboard
Go to Home>Menu>Settings>Language&Keyboard>Swype> and ensure "Word Prediction" is selected.
A community member posted that an app in the Android market helps with this issue. This has not
been validated by Sprint, but wanted to pass it on. Here's the link to the app:
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Device not charging
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated Predictive text
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - 9/27 update
Message was edited by: dshoem01- 10/3 update
I have a problem I ave not seen listed. Since the update any video I take with the camcorder which will play fine on the phone will only transfer to the computer as a sound file. Even if I open in file manager on the sc card it is only a sound file. Anyone had the problem and find a solution?
My phone is also experiencing issues.
1. I had the original charger issue. Downloaded the LG drivers, seemed to help it charge on my home laptop and work computer (although sometimes I'd get a notification that the software malfunctioned, and it wouldn't charge even if it said it was charging, also "sleep and charge" on my netbook worked, even though the phone said it wasn't charging)
2. Car charger stopped working, still not working.
3. When plugged into a non-working computer or car charger, the phone won't stay powered off, but keeps trying to turn on.
4. Phone battery drains very quickly...not doing very much, it dies within 5 hours? And it charges very slowly.
5. Today after leaving the phone plugged into the car charger (by habit, unfortunately), my phone gets stuck on the android screen whenever I try to turn it on. Doesn't matter whether it's plugged into the computer, the wall charger, or not plugged in at all. I tried popping out the battery, unmounting/remounting the SD card, nothing helps.
So tomorrow it's in to the Sprint store. I've always had excellent dealings with Sprint customer service when I go in in person, so I have hope that this can get resolved. But seriously, this update was ridiculous and I went from a perfectly functional phone to one that now won't even power on. As it's my only phone, I'm now without a phone until this gets resolved.
I too had problems after this update. At first, it was "only" that it maxed out my memory and I was unable to do anything except use the phone. However, I could only call those people whose numbers I could remember because I didn't have enough memory to run my contacts. It took me 3 days to finally get to the point where a representative had me take my phone into a store (in the next town over) for them to do a "hard reset". Although store personnel told me that the reset would NOT delete anything from my SD card, it removed everything except my photos. That fixed the memory problem, but then I began having the mount/unmount SD card problem AND the problem with the android keyboard only giving me word suggestions of words that could only be capitalized. ("Capitol" it would suggest, "capital" it would not) The SWYPE fix you suggest is no fix for someone with hand tremors. This time when I called in for tech support, I was told the SD card issue granted me an audience with a "specialist". Again, it was suggested I do a hard reset. (but this time was told I could do it myself...hooray!) This did not fix either problem. BUT, I downloaded a new keyboard (I highly recommend THICKButtons) that fixed the word suggestion issue, and every time it "unmounts" my SD card, I simply go to settings and "mount" it back. I have not had any additional issues doing it this way. One time (only) has it (wrongly) read that I removed the SD card. So, I actually did open the door and unseat the card (without pulling it out) and immediately seated it back and closed the door. I don't know what else to do with the darn thing. I should have listened to my daughter. She hated her LG Optimus S. I have ZERO reception for the last 6 weeks, but "nothing" is wrong (so says Sprint) with the phone or the towers.
The only problem I am having is that the battery drains faster now with 2.3.3 . No matter what apps I used I could get through a whole day without charging. I use the web a lot.
I too am experiencing issues after the gingerbread update. I had no problems with the items below before the update.
- Charging via usb PC cable - Fixed after driver update
- Display randomly wont turn off after preset time - set to 30sec
- Car charger no longer works and seems to actually drain battery - Aftermarket usb charger
- Random black screen lockups - have to physically remove battery to restart phone
- Calls will come through - but phone does not always ring - does display missed call
I did a factory reset as recommend elsewhere is this and other threads and that has seemed to fix everything but the car charger issue.
I will amend this post if anything futher seems to pop up.
Jada even if your phone is unoperable you are still able to do a recover reset and this is what I want you to trt.
1. Hold down the Volume Down and Home Key together and while holding them turn on the phone and once the LG picture shows let go of all buttons
2. WIth in a few seconds you will see a screen with an Exclamation point in a triangle with an adroid guy next to it.
3. Using the volume down button highlight the option that says factory resete/data reset. Using the Menu button (Second Button from the left on phone) select the factory reset/data reset.
4, No you will see a screen that shows a bunch of no's and one yes lol. Using the volume down key to highlight yes and then select it by using the menu button.
5. No your phone should go ahead and reset and then when its done it will take you back to the main recovery screen. Now using volume up key select reboot phone and select with the menu key and your phone should reboot.
Hello all, at this point the status has not changed. LG & our device team are still investigating matters concerning the update, which include android keyboard's lack of word prediction, charging related problems, SD card randomly dismounting, and USB HWID changes which prevent the use of standard mass storage drivers. I have mentioned the earpiece volume but have not received feedback regarding this matter, and no specific situations where phone is freezing/keyboard are unresponsive had been documented that I can see. I will post back here if I have additional info. for USB problems installing LG's USB driver pack will allow you to regain access in windows, for word prediction installing user dictionary manager and importing a word list will help. for charging related problems some mention that the standard wall charger allows charging where car charger/usb chargers do not. for SD card dismounting reinserting the card or powering phone off/on may allow you to access the card again. if your screen will not go off & lock you may have an app running in the back ground preventing it.
The main issue I've been experiencing is that the phone will just randomly shut off. It then locks up and the only way to turn it back on is to remove the battery, replace it, and then turn the phone on.
I'm missing calls, texts, and e-mails during these times until I, for whatever reason, check the phone and notice that it's powered off of it's own accord.
I went to the Sprint Store, today, and had pretty much the same experience as the other accounts I've read:
"It's an LG problem."
"Hopefully, it will be resolved soon."
"There's nothing we can do about it."
"Have a nice day."
It's always such a pleasure to do business with a company that is so focused on their customers' satisfaction....NOT.
about two posts back I stated to try a factory data reset through the recovery system of the phone. Please give this a try and it should fix the sporadic lock ups and random shut downs. You will loose all apps and contacts and phone data but if you remember your google account username and password you will get all your contacts synced back to your phone.