cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with LG Optimus S

Journeyman

Issues with LG Optimus S

I thought I posted this earlier, but couldn't find the post. Sorry for the repost if I just overlooked it.

Every now and then, after I disconnect the cord after charging my Optimus, the phone is off and completely unresponsive. The only way I've been able to get the phone to do anything is to do a battery pull. After that, however, many of my apps are gone from the phone. This issue usually fixes itself within a couple hours and everything works fine. At the same time, not knowing if it'll work fine or of it'll be completely dead and I'll have to pull the battery each time I charge the phone is becoming tedious. I took my phone to the local Sprint store a couple times and they've offered to switch it out, but I'd like to avoid that (primarliy because I don't want to re-search, re-buy, and re-download all my apps) if there's an easy fix to the problem. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Issues with LG Optimus S

I haven't seen this problem reported.  I'd exchange it.

You should be able to backup your applications to your SD card.  Others have recommended My Backup Pro from the market...it's $4.99.  Even if you don't back them up, you shouldn't have to pay for them again to download them to a new device.

Journeyman

I wanted to thank you for your advice. I bought the backup app and exchanged my phone last night.

Wizard

Glad that worked for you!

Highlighted
Wizard

Alternatively, Astro File Manager can back up all your applications on the SD card.  And it comes with a file explorer which can read/create zip files as well as other file management tasks.  And the "pro" version is $1 cheaper than MyBackup Pro.  If you want to backup your desktop layout, just use ADW, which is free.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat