cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus Memory Full Even After Deleting Many Contents

Journeyman

LG Optimus Memory Full Even After Deleting Many Contents

Is there a "deleted file" somewhere that I also must empty?  I am not finding it, and I have deleted TONS but still cannot input even one more contact.  Email no longer opens, updates will not load, and I can no longer get online due to this "memory full" problem.  Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: LG Optimus Memory Full Even After Deleting Many Contents

Have you removed apps as well?  Go to Home - Menu - Settings - SD and Storage - Internal Memory - Free space.  Anything less than 40MBs free can cause this error.  Try removing some applications that you've added to the phone and see if the memory free starts to increase. 

Tom Deaver

Sprint Tech ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Journeyman

Tom, I have removed everything that can possibly be removed.  I can no longer text because of the memory full issue. 

Journeyman

I have had this problem on and off now since I bought the phone.  It is maddening!     I have PLENTY of room on my SD card, but for whatever reason, the phone will not allow me to move apps from the Internal Storage to the SD card.  I am tired of deleting stuff!  I should be able to have these different apps without it interrupting my service!  Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Journeyman

I had to do a hard reset - back to the factory settings.  I couldn't back anything up - there wasn't enough memory - but I wrote down what it was I wanted to redownload, and it only took a few minutes.  My contacts are in my gmail, so they were instantly back when I signed in.  The problem seems to be solved. 

Master

That was going to be our next recommendation unfortunately.  The Optimus was designed to be an "entry level" Android and did not come with very much application storage. 

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Master

Hello.  Applications cannot be stored on an external or removable memory chip or SD.  This is controlled by Google.  Even the new Samsung Galaxy phones with 16GBs and 32GBs of internal storage cannot move or install an app from the Google Play store to the external storage.  However, when there's an option to "Move to SD" in the Manage Application Settings menu for a particular app, it is only moving the application's data and NOT the app itself.  So if it's a game for example, the actual game cannot be moved but the progress of your game, highscores, new levels opened, where you left off, etc can be moved if the developer of the game made this an option.   

Additionally, from a hard reset, the LG Optimus has less than 150MBs of internal or application storage.  As a comparison, newer Androids are coming with 2 and 3 GBs (2-3000MBs) of application storage or even allowing the entire hard drive (16-32GBs) to be used for application storage. 

Hope this helps,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Journeyman

It wasn't really a storage issue - I had deleted tons, but it didn't free up storage space.  I have reloaded everything I originally had on it, and it's fine - as it had been for months.  The person I spoke with said it was most likely a virus.

Master

BlueSageSharon wrote:

It wasn't really a storage issue - I had deleted tons, but it didn't free up storage space.  I have reloaded everything I originally had on it, and it's fine - as it had been for months.  The person I spoke with said it was most likely a virus.

There are no viruses for Android. There are some malware that steals the serial number of your phone, targeted advertising, etc. but no viruses that would have that kind of symptom.

Poorly made applications can leave behind information on the phone even after they are uninstalled that cannot be accessed to be cleared out. There is no way around this without either resetting your entire phone or voiding your warranty.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat