cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S Battery Life - Bad

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Optimus S Battery Life - Bad

I have the latest version of the software on my phone and have updated everything I can possibly think of updating.

Some issues I have encountered:

• Phone Standby takes up about 50% of my battery life.  Time without Service can go up to 90%+ even when I am in service.  The "Airplane Mode" fix does not seem to help this "TWOS Service" Bug.
  • I have an app that moves my apps to my SD card because I kept running out of internal memory.  However, sometimes it seems like the SD card dismounts because I cannot access the applications on the card.
  • I had to uninstall LauncherPro because it kept completely locking up my phone. There are times when I can't even answer my phone still because my screen is frozen.
  • The sound quality if very bad. I always have to turn the volume up to hear voicemails and people I call have a hard time hearing me. This is regardless of my signal strength.
  • Right now, even if I am just using my phone as as paper weight without any of the power options turned on, it discharges in less than 11 hours - basically, not making it a normal waking day. I've had to resort to carrying around a Kensington battery charger because I can't keep my phone plugged into the wall all day.

I am on the verge of canceling my Sprint account after 11 years and switching to Verizon because every Sprint representative says that it is the first time they have heard of these issues or that I am getting typical battery life even though I am not. I am willing to pay the difference for a phone upgrade if they would just do an exchange. Otherwise, this phone is practically useless.

Thanks,

Pam

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

downloaded advanced task killer. battery last way longer. dont use auto kill

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good tip beliving, I'll have to check that out.

IZIBIT74: Which tasks do you kill? I'm been thinking about these apps, but would not know where to start.

IZIBIT74 wrote:

downloaded advanced task killer. battery last way longer. dont use auto kill

Highlighted
Journeyman

Task Killer apps are NOT needed with Android 2.2 and can cause all sorts of problems.  Al you need to do is create a shortcut on your home screen for "Running Services" and only kill non essential services.  As far as Juice Defender, it does make a difference but sometimes can cause connectivity problems until you set everything correctly.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat