cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S SD Card not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Optimus S SD Card not working

All of a sudden my SD card is inoperable.  My phone wont recognize it.  The computer wont recognize it.  And most of my apps don't' work because they were installed on the card.  It has worked fine since having the phone (since Dec 2010) until now.  I researched the internet and sprint sites and received all sorts of suggestions.  I downloaded several data recovery programs but none were successful.  I used checkdisk on it as well but the computer doesn't see it.  I was even directed to go to the Geek Squad at BestBuy.  They don't recover data off of any micro card.  Any ideas on how to recover the data on my SD Card.  I have photos, music, text messages, pdf's and other files that are very important to me.  Thanks for you help.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S SD Card not working

ch6599,

Thank you for reaching out. I definitely want to help! Have you recently done any software update to the device? Or have you recently added an application that may have corrupted the SD card? You said that your PC is not reading the card. Are you putting the card into the PC by itself or through the phone? Does it recognize your phone, but not SD card when connected to PC? Also is the device that the SD cared originally came with? Sorry about all the questions but just trying to get this figured out for you.

Thank you,

*Sara

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for responding.  Here are my responses to your questions.

Have you recently done any software update to the device?  --> No

Or have you recently added an application that may have corrupted the SD card?  -->No

You said that your PC is not reading the card. Are you putting the card into the PC by itself or through the phone?  -->  Inserting card into a Card reader and also using the USB cable.   

Does it recognize your phone, but not SD card when connected to PC?  -->  Doesn't recognize phone.  Never did.  Only the card but now it doesn't see the card.  

Also is the device that the SD cared originally came with? -->  yes.

Journeyman

ch6599,

Thank you for the response. From the answers you have given and the information you provided about going to Geek Squad, it does sound like your memory card has gone out. Unfortunately once the card goes out there is no way to recover your personal information. You can try taking it in to a service and repair Sprint store but at this point I don’t think they can recover information either. I am sorry about this.

*Sara

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm disappointed.  I took it to a Sprint store before you suggested it and they don't even look at the cards either.  Why doesn't sprint inform folks that these cards fail.  Why do the make and sell a product that is susceptible to these sporadic failures and put users at risk of losing their content.  Makes no sense.  There should always be a safety net in place when it comes to data.  Sprint and its employees assume everyone is technical oriented.  You shouldn't sell a product where the components can fail without at least posting an advisory.  Now I lost all my data.  I also got the impression from your first response that there was a chance of recapturing the files when all of long you knew that data was impossible to recover from a damaged sd card.  And the card got damaged by the Sprint phone.  so Sprint is responsible in my opinion.

Journeyman

ch6599,

I do apologize about not being about to recover your information off the memory card. All memory cards are susceptible to failing. In my first post I was making sure that all the bases were covered when trying to recover your information. I understand that you are disappointed and again I am sorry about this. In the future to make sure that you information is backed up you can try backing it up in your computer or some information can also be saved to a email account.

*Sara

Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat