cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S hung up

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Optimus S hung up

I turned my phone off.  2 hours later turned it on and it got stuck booting up.  I held the power key for 1 second.  Sprint icons and sounds started.  Then the optimus logo came up as usual and that's where it stays.  Tried turning the phone off via the power key and it won't shut down.  Had to take the battery out several times and re-insert it to restart and have encountered the same problem over and over.  Phone wont start up.  Called tech support and they suggested holding the power button, vol down button and menu key at the same time for 5 seconds to get the the recovery screen.  Did that several times and did the system reboot option and the wipe cache option.  Haven't done the wipe data/factory reset option yet cause I don't want to lose data, applications, texts and anything else.  Has anybody had this issue and how was it resolved?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: LG Optimus S hung up

If your phone is frozen:

1. Turn the power off. If your LG Optimus S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Home and Volume Down button
  3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reboot your device
  5. The “Menu” button is the select button.

Be careful to do "fast reboot" or "reboot" - Do not select "reset" as that will erase all of your info.

When you have tried this what has happened - this usually fixes the issue

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thank you for replying however I have done that many times and it will not resolve the problem.  The phone starts up so far and then locks up.  Is there any other way other than the factory reset option to clear the phone?  How can I get my info off before I do a factory reset?

Master

LG Optimus S hung up

A store can reload the software over the wire and they can put the old version of software on the device. If you don't have a backup application you will have to depend on Google for your contacts. What other info are you concerned about? Media is all safe on the sd card.

Larry

Journeyman

My contacts are on gmail so ther good.  I have visual voicemails, texts, pics and apps that will be lost.  None of that is on the sd card.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat