cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S is more phone than my grandson needs on MY plan. I do not want to pay for the $10 premium charge.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Optimus S is more phone than my grandson needs on MY plan. I do not want to pay for the $10 premium charge.

He just got it today, what can I do?  At the time he was not aware that it was on the smart phone list. I am the one who spotted it on my bill. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Employee

Re: LG Optimus S is more phone than my grandson needs on MY plan. I do not want to pay for the $10 premium charge.

Hello, You should consider the Samsung Replenish, it's a smartphone, but does not require the $10 fee.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S is more phone than my grandson needs on MY plan. I do not want to pay for the $10 premium charge.

L[...]  I have four lines, all smart phones only one with the extra 10 smartphone fee (recent upgrade for daughter...iPhone) and it will be the last.  NOT renewing any service contracts with sprint because paying an extra 40 dollars a month is absurdity when I already pay for unlimited data, text, mobile to mobile and 3000 shared minutes in my $212.00 a month EVERYTHING family plan.  [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

CDC88[...]  RC1024 was answering the OP's question by letting him know of an option to avoid the $10 fee. 

As for the $10 fee it really sucks and their reasoning for it is [...]but what are we gonna do??  When considering family plans with 3 or more lines Sprint is still cheaper than Verizon or ATT.

However in my area I could get MetroPCS with equivalent service and save about $40 per month.  I was always afraid to get it due to coverage/reliability but am rethinking that now.  My sister and her husband have had MetroPCS for over a year now and have no issues with it.  My mother and father just ditched Verizon (when Verizon tried to [...] them at upgrade time) and went MetroPCS.  All of them have Samsung Android phones and love them.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat