cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S "Installation Failed"

Journeyman

Whenever I try to update one of the apps that came wit hthe phone like sprint football live or voicemail the update downloads and the installation fails. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

EvilCamaroSS,

I've heard of this issue before, are you trying to perform the update/installation on 3G or Wi-Fi? Have you tried performing an uninstall update on the specific application itself by going into Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > show all > then selecting the application and trying to perform the update after that.

Journeyman

I've already reported this problem for voicemail.

see http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/379731.

Journeyman

I am trying over wi-fi

Journeyman

Had same problem (specifically with voice mail update). Tried all the usual's, power, battery, 3G, wi-fi, delete (you can't delete the voice mail app). Then went through a number of levels of Sprint help with final recommendation to visit a store with tech support.  Did that and they re-flashed my phone back to previous android operating system Froyo (v2.2).  Voice mail update works, but lost the Gingerbread (v2.3) upgrades and improvements.  I'm not sure which is worse as I appreciated some of the changes in v2.3   

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat