cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S storage low

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Optimus S storage low

Any ideas about how to increase the phone storage for LG Optimus S? Have a 16G micro SD card in the device but there are still about 30 apps that say they can't be moved to the card. Lots of things I'd like to do with this phone but lack of phone storage is a big problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

LG Optimus S storage low

I use a program called "App to SD (Free, No ADs)" by Dolphin Browser.  It's the smallest Apps2SD program I've found at less than 50kb.  This helps ensure that all movable apps are moved.

If you have programs that use a cache, perhaps try a cache cleaner and set the programs to cache to the SD card instead of the phone.  For example, Dolphin browser and Astro File manager can cache to the SD card.

Perhaps delete the Sprint programs.  Just remove the Sprint ID pack altogether.  You've already got Google navigation and YouTube, so the Sprint apps are redundant.  Telenav is 9mb by itself.

Remove rarely used programs.  Some programs on your phone are probably a "nice to have just in case" type of application, but in reality they are rarely, if ever, used.  I know it's hard to part with these, but they can be re-installed when needed.

If you have a rooted phone, you can get rid of some programs like Swype.  Not all stock programs will return memory to you when uninstalled.  For example, if you uninstall the email app, it won't give you any more memory to use.

Journeyman

LG Optimus S storage low

My wife's phone keeps getting this message as well. She has moved all apps that will move to the SD, and clears cache and cookies daily. Is there a fix for this?

Journeyman

LG Optimus S storage low

Grrrr.. just typed a long (hopefully useful) reply but this website keeps logging me out... take 2:

Check the size of the Email app.... (Settings > Manage Apps > All Apps tab > (menu) Sort by Size). Ours was over 50Mb! I did the Clear Data, just had to relink the 2 email accounts, and it was down to 1Mb.

If it gets huge again, try using the Gmail app or the Yahoo mail app or another for the mail system you use. The built-in email app has no options for how much mail to sync and store, which is horrible!

Journeyman

LG Optimus S storage low

Easy.  Don't have to move anything to your sd card.  When you get this message start from your home screen.  Hit options>go to settings>go to applications>go to manage applications>go to the second column running>now force stop for all the optional apps and clear the cache for all of them too.  No need to restart or anything.  The message disappears on my phone everytime. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat