cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus/Sprint Weather Widget

Journeyman

I have an LG Optimus that I downloaded the Srint ID pack onto. The weather widget on the home screen worked fine for a few days, then it just froze and stayed the same for a couple of days, and now the clock protion of it displays correctly, but the weather portion only shows tap here to display your weather widget. When I do that it takes me to all of the appropriate screens, then when I touch search it searches for a short time and gives me a "Sorry, Problem calling weather forecast web service." After repeated attempts I often get either "service unavailable at this time, please try again later" or another message telling me that it has quit working and the only option it provides to get out of it is a force close. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really like having the weather on my home screen.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also was having problems with the sprint weather widget. I now use News & Weather app which I think came with the phone or the sprint id pack. This one runs off of the weather channel.

Journeyman

I've got the same problem. I thought it was just my phone so I took it to a store and the techs suggested, and performed, a full reset which I approved. That still didn't fix the issue, and then they checked the stores display unit which also didn't work.

What a big waste of time that was.

One would think that the techs would be more up to date with issues that come up like this. If I had known it wasn't just my phone then I wouldn't have let them do a factory reset.

Journeyman

Mine started not updating either, yesterday and I cant get it to update. 37 degrees out in the morning and says it's 74. Does anyone know how to fix it? I really like having the weather right there. Thats the only problem I've had with my Optimus. I really like the phone and this has been the only problem.

Wizard

The weather widget and weather programs are okay.  I thought they were neat in the beginning, but they use up precious memory.  Now, I just signed up for text message alerts from the Weather channel.  I get the information I need, without using up memory for an app that I only check once or twice per day.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat