cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus

Journeyman

LG Optimus

how do you set a text tone for each contact?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

LG Optimus

You can find the answer here -

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/249125

Journeyman

LG Optimus

thats for call tones , im looking for how to set a ringtone for each contact when you get texts from them

Wizard

LG Optimus

I'm sorry, I misread your post. Not sure that is possible on Android because I don' t see it in the user guide and I cannot do it on my Epic. I will keep looking though.

Master

LG Optimus

I don't think Android natively supports setting a separate text tone for a contact, just for texts from everyone in general. There may be an Android phone running a custom interface that will allow this; somehting like HTC Sense, Samsung TouchWiz or MotoBLUR. I can't remember seeing an Android phone that supports text tones for each contact though.

Wizard

LG Optimus

I use a program by Edward Kawas called Enhanced SMS and Caller ID.  This program will speak the name of the person who sent you a text.  It will also speak the caller names, calendar events, and Gmail senders.  You select which items to speak and which to leave alone.

If you want a more natural sounding voice to go with this program, check out SVOX voices.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat