cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Update Suspension Question

Journeyman

So currently the update is suspended which in a way is a good thing but also clearly the update wasn't all that bad since a good majority of people didn't have issues with it. Does that mean that since its suspended that it will never come back. I think that if people get gingerbread they would love there phones more then what they do now. Is the suspension only until they get a fix or is the suspension meaning that people that get a new phone with froyo are stuck with it. I mean the gingerbread update wasn't all that bad. From reading it looked like it was a network error when it went OTA. I mean the update is worth it when it gets downloaded right I just would hate to see people get stuck and not be able to experience new android software. Gingerbread isn't all that bad.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Once fixes are in place for the issues, Gingerbread will be re-released for this device. 

Journeyman

I agree.  There's a good majority of people, including me, that haven't had problems with the Gingerbread release except I do have issues with the USB not being recognized.  I recently took the phone to a Sprint repair store for a problem not related to the Gingerbread release(Android Market was acting up) and told the tech that I was told to have them revert my phone back to froyo and he asked why would I want to get rid of Gingerbread, I told him about the USB problem and he told me to use the micro SD card adapter that came with the phone and plug it into the SD card slot in my computer with the micro SD card in there of course and transfer files to it that way.  I never thought to do that.  So, all in all I was able to keep the Gingerbread update and had my other problem fixed.  If the people who were having trouble with their Optimus phones after the update and want to drop Sprint, DON'T!  Because when I had a Samsung Moment the first time I had Sprint I had so much trouble with it a few months later I dropped them and went with a competitor.  BIG mistake!  Now I'm back with Sprint and couldn't be happier.  Compared to taking the Moment in 5 times to a Sprint repair store I only had to take my Optimus in once.

Journeyman

hello,

when will these fixes be in place? i was told from the store last week that LG relased a fix patch and we would get it to our phones in 5 business days - havent gotten anything yet. i am having the USB charging issue, in which i cant use my phone for pandora or sprint music at work anymore because it does so fast...please advise thanks..just fed up and ready to get a different phone..thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat