cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest LG Optimus S Update

Highlighted

So, today my phone requested I install the new update, and I did. I thought it was only going to change the software and such, but it also changed the look of my interface. I absolutey despise the new look, and would much prefer to return to the old look. Is there anyway possible for me to do this, even if it involves somehow removing the update from my phone/returning to a previous state?

Thank you.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

This happened to me also, Now I can not turn the phone off or tell if the battery is charging....What the Hell.............

thanks for the downdate........................stupid LG

Journeyman

Likewise here: no indication of charging.

Journeyman

I dont really care for the neon green either. If the phone is charging there should be a white lightning bolt inside of the battery icon, the level also changes (about 1 time per second) while it's charging. Although it's hard to see becasue of the new colors.

After the update I notice that texts were delayed and outging calls were failing. This was fixed after I performed the following steps. Choose Settings > About Phone > Update Profile and Update PRL > then reboot. It's always good practice to update profile, update PRL and reboot after an update.

Journeyman

After the update, my wife's phone looked like it wasn't charging, so she took it to Sprint.  They fixed all of the issues she's having except that all of her phone calls can be heard on both the earpiece and the speakerphone at the same time.  They can't seem to figure that one out.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Journeyman

I don't have any suggested words anymore.  When I'm typing text all I have at the top showing up as words to choose from is the names that are in my address book and the words that I have saved in the past.  All other words are gone.  Guess I'm calling tech support.  Ugh  I'll post a fix for this if there is one in case anyone else needs it.

Master

The predictive text was removed by LG in the update.  The dictionary still works when using swype.   There are third party applications that will restore the predictive function on the device

Journeyman

I experienced a total loss of signal at my house after 2.3 update. Previously I would have 2 or 3 bars of signal. Last night after charging my phone, I left it on the kitchen counter. When I got up in the morning I was down below 50% battery and searching for signal. My wife's Intercept was fully charged and had 3 bars of signal strength. They were side-by-side on the counter! If Sprint or LG doesn't fix this, I'm gone from Sprint. I have to have signal at home.

Master

14KNIGHT wrote:

The predictive text was removed by LG in the update.  The dictionary still works when using swype.   There are third party applications that will restore the predictive function on the device

The predictive text dictionary was removed in the update, not the predictive functionality itself. Sprint and LG are currently investigating why this occured and how to correct it. In the meantime the recommended workaround is to either use the built-in Awype keyboard, or another keyboard from the Market.

Journeyman

Contacted LG support. Tech suggested I do a hard reset, i.e., take the battery out and put it back in. I'm not at home at the moment to see if it worked, but if any of you are experiencing poor signal strength since the update you might want to try this also.

Journeyman

https://www.gstatic.com/android/market/com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free/f-705-4

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result

is the Gingerbread free keyboard on the Android Market. Yes Swype still has predictive text, but I HATE the way it shows the words. This free app is just like texting before the update..Hope this helps 🙂 Btw, my car charger doesnt charge my phone now 😕

Journeyman

Oh man, thank you so much original poster!  I have tried for the last 5 days to "get used" to the new black and neon green look, and I really just don't like it.  It's not what I signed up for when I bought the phone, and I really want to change it back.  I'm really annoyed by it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat