Also: Now when I text, if I double click a word to try to delete it from the Swype dictionary or something, I have to see the Copy/Paste menu which I hate.
I havent done the update but it sounds horrible, shouldnt the phone charge when connected to my PC? I hooked it up today and it still said to hook to charger 😕
Update screwed up my phone, too:
1. If I hook it up to some chargers, it charges, but if I hook it up to others, it doesn't. Example: I have two different multi-outlet/surge protectors with USB outlets for charging, a Belkin and an Aluratek. Before the update my Optimus would charge fine with them. Now: nothing. Why make an update waste my investment in equipment?
2. The battery will show, say, 70% full and then suddenly zero. Then back again. (Or maybe it's that the update is incompatible with Battery Widget.)
3. Before the update, I'd get a notification every day that I had an app update. I'd go to the Market and there it'd tell me there really were no updates. That was annoying. But since the update I get no notifications even though there are updates available! Even more annoying!
4. Sometimes when I return to the homepage, parts of my wallpaper are missing. The icons along the lower part of the screen have instead a pure black background. (If I swipe to left or right and then back again it goes away.)
And I agree with the others: new look is ugly. Ugly. The black band at the top just makes my screen look smaller.
What happened to the phone I used to like? And how can I get back to the old system while we wait for them to undo this Vista-like disaster?
And how can I get back to the old system while we wait for them to undo this Vista-like disaster?
You would have to flash back to the previous version of Android. That's not something that will be recommended, or explained on this forum.
I would suggest that you backup - and factory reset. That will un-do the damage that has been done. OTA updates don't play nice with heavily configured devices.
I asked about the factory reset, they said the issues would just return. The only solution I recieved was to wait on the fix from LG, or go to a sprint store and they can possibly repair some of the issues. Anybody else loose their access to their camera?
i have had nothing but issues with this phone since i bought it in feb. Every time my phone does an update something happens to it :/. i do not appreciate this update at all this black and lime green is hidious. however i did find an app that allows you to change the theme of your phone.
Extended version of GO Launcher, one of the most popular home application.
GO Launcher EX is the extended version of GO Launcher, one of the most popular home apps in Android Market. It’s a highly customizable home replacement application, which will run when you press your android phone’s HOME key.
GO Launcher EX supports hundreds of themes, fast flip speed and tons of useful functions.
- Hundreds of themes
- Fancy home screen transition
- Smooth scrolling experience
- Icon popup menu
- Folder and task manager in app drawer
- Gesture supported
- Scrollable & resizable widgets supported
1. Pinch fingers to enter preview screen and edit home screen pages
2. Search “go launcher theme” to get themes and select them in “Themes preferences”
3. Set screen transition and flip speed in “Display settings”
4. Long press icons on home screen to active popup menu
5. Long press icons in app drawer to edit location, uninstall apps and create folders
6. If you can't set GO Launcher as your default home, download "Home manager"
The only problem with this is the original desktop still runs as a process and you will slow down the phone and also drain your battery. However everyones phone is up to them what they rather do.
I thought I was going nuts! Did not want to have to shell out $45 for a new battery... sad to say, I'm happy to see OTHERS are having the same problems. This is ridiculous. I do NOT like the new interface, the loss of predictive text, and the failure to maintain a battery charge. GRRR. Now I will have to run to my nearest Sprint store, I guess.
How soon will Sprint get the iPhone5 anyway?
A few other major quirks that have come about from this new firmware release and YES Sprint are aware of them. These are in addition to the ones already mentioned above.
1) The speaker jack at the top of the phone stops producing sound (no one can figure out why hardware would be affected but it is)
2) When using Swype, it will now randonly either stop or randomly start putting Gibberish or random characters and spaces
3) The entire hadnset has gone to a crawl when trying to move from application or screen to screen
4) The screen internittently stops showing the Droid and caller ID information and remains blank or off on incoming calls
5) The caller ID intermitently shows callers as Anonymous or Unknown even those in your phone list
6) The phone will no longer charge at all or will only charge if the handset is turned off (mentioned above sortta)
7) When attempting to open or close certain programs you will receive weird SD card error messages (mentioned above)
There is no way to downgrade the firmware in the phone, or at least that is what Sprint and LG will tell you. There are some programs that will allow you to but they are a use them at your own risk and if it screws up the phone even more, there is a really good chance you will have turned it into a paper weight.
All of the above happened to my handset after the firmware push. reader's Digest Version. After calling customer care (3 times), Tech Support (2 times), LG (once) and going into a Sprint store (twice), I finally called the executive offices and after that conversation I have been upgraded (at no charge) to an HTC EVO. More powerful phone but the battery life is CRAP.
I prefer my Optimus S over this EVO (at least for my standard needs) but since nobody can say for sure if there will be a correction for these issues anytime soon, I had no choice but to change handsets.
A hard reset has to be done by a Sprint technician, and it DOES NOT FIX any of these corrupt update problems. They told me it would and I let them do it to my phone and same problems. So all that time and aggrevation for nothing, just a waste of my time.
The worst problems with my phone:
turns off by itself and will not turn on unless I remove and replace battery
cannot save contacts!
cannot set individual ringtones
problems typing in forms online
no predictive text
They don't seem to care about making their customers feel satisfied. Once agent actually told me that Sprint does not have an obligation to provide us with a working phone!!!! They provide us a phone as a "courtesy."
I think that giving all of the customers who are going through this nightmare another phone (NOT A DOWNGRADE, AN UPGRADE) at no cost to them would be a small price to pay to make them happy with Sprint. In my business we like to keep our customers happy because we appreciate and thrive on their repeat business and their referals!