cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with my Son's phone.

Go to solution
Journeyman

My Son's phone is not connecting to the market properly.  When he tries to open the market, it is using his Youtube username (without the ability to change it) instead of his gmail account.  How do I fix this?  Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

ok im having the exact same problem..

Wizard

I'm sorry there are problems with accessing the android market. I don't work tech but you can go into his gmail application and make sure he is logged into his correct gmail account. If he is already logged into that account then I'm at a loss.

Wizard

Have you tried to clear market data, if that doesn't work clear gmail data and sign back in to gmail account. I will look into this further. LG Optimus S right?

Journeyman

I'm sorry neither one of us knows what that means to clear market or gmail data.  We have gone on line and made sure the Gmail account was active, and it is.   I've even had him send me an email from his phone and it works.  It's something to do with the phone and what it's reading/connecting to as far as Market access.  Yes, it is a LG Optimus S, jus tlike mine.  I sure do appreciate the help!

Journeyman

i was having the same problem. this is what i did and i hope it helps. goto settings and find the gmail app. when it loads up tap the upper gmail account(it should be your sons name)once you hit that it should say the gmail account at the top. hit the menu button(second from the left) and press account settings. now when i did that two accounts popped up. my gmail account and a youtube account. hit the youtube account and it should give you an option to erase the account. do it and after that try the marketplace account. mine went right thru. now it did take a couple of minutes but it went thru.. good luck i hope this works

Journeyman

Wow it worked!! Thank you very much.  My Son is a "happy camper" now and ready to go surfing. 

Thanks to everyone!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat