cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connection and text auto suggest

Journeyman

Network connection and text auto suggest

After the zvj update my phone worked great. Now... not so much. I'm running the 2.3.3 version and now my phone won't connect to my wireless home network. It finds the network and it tries to obtain the IP address but after a while it disconnects. Also my text messaging isn't providing the word suggestions any longer. Before the zvj update it would auto suggest only the names in my contacts and after the zvj update it worked like a dream. Did I do something or is it my phone?

Baseband version LS670MVJ_6150

Kernel 2.6.35.7-perf

lg-electronics@si-rd10-BLD165 #2

Build # ZVJ.47B56B46

SW Version LS670ZVJ

Please help; I loved my phone for a short while.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Network connection and text auto suggest

Sometimes I get that issue with the home network.  For me, my phone keeps trying to get the IP address it had last time, but because the router assign's IP addresses on a "first come first serve" basis, the IP address is already taken.  Then, the phone just stays in an endless loop of "connecting/disconnecting" and never gets on the wifi.  At least that is what appears to be happening.  I'm not 100% sure.  However, I know what I do to fix it.

When my Optimus won't connect to the wifi, I unplug the router for 5 seconds and plug it back in.  Then my phone will connect to wifi.

For the word suggestions, what keyboard application are you using?  I like SwiftKey because it predicts the next word based of the one just typed, so you start off with a suggestion before you even tap a letter.  Pretty neat, huh?  Maybe the issue is with the keyboard program.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat