cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New LG Optimus doesn't receive texts from EVO

Go to solution
Journeyman

Recently added the Optimus S as a replacement to one of the phones on my plan.  For some reason it will not receive texts from my EVO, I can text it back in response to a received text - but only once.  A Blackberry on my plan has no problems nor an iPhone on AT&T.  The phone has been replaced twice and teh problem continues. 

Any ideas?

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

That's a weird one. I know when I text message with another sprint phone it takes forever to get a reply. Say you have an iphone too? I just ordered one from AT&T last night. My son has one too.

Wizard

I have three Optimus phones on my plan, and none of us experience issues sending or receiving text messages from each other.  We average 1300 text messages per month.

Have you done the usual: Update your profile and PRL?

Journeyman

Son has iPhone, I have the EVO.

Journeyman

Updated PRL and Profile many. many times and phone has been re-provisioned each time as well.

Wizard

I figured you had done so. 

Would you please check your phone memory?  I typically keep my memory over 30mb, and have heard of folks not receiving text messages when their phone memory gets less than 15mb.  The phone memory is used for messages, while the SD card probably has gigabytes of free memory.

Journeyman

Phone has no apps added, basically stock.  It does get Gmails though with no problem.

Wizard

By "basically stock" do you mean the Sprint ID was installed?  I've heard a tech say that I should install the Sprint ID to get some functionality, after which I can remove the Sprint ID if I don't want it.

I know that when my calendar gets locked up, I have to clear the data for it to work again.  Perhaps try this:

From a home page, press the menu button, then tap Settings, Applications, Manage applications, and tap the All tab.  Scroll down to Messaging, and tap "clear data".  When I did this on my phone, it did not delete any messages.  Finally, open your messaging app and try to send/receive messages.

Journeyman

Re: New LG Optimus doesn't receive texts from EVO

ID was installed by Sprint store when new phone was delivered and provisioned.  Stock meaning no added apps.

The phone receives texts from everyone except me and my EVO.  The issue has been on all 3 phones.

Wizard

If the phone receives texts from everyone except your phone, is it possible that something is happening on the Evo side?  Perhaps there's nothing wrong with the Optimus.

Journeyman

Re: New LG Optimus doesn't receive texts from EVO

EVO works with every other phone in the know phone universe...........Issue started when upgrading from Samsung Instinct S30 to Optimus S.

Wizard

So, your Optimus can message every phone except your Evo.  And your Evo can message every phone except your Optimus.  My guess is that it's not the hardware, then.  Otherwise, one would have to conclude that both phones are faulty. 

Since the phones have no issues with messaging, except with each other, perhaps something got mixed up on your account settings during the transition.  Would you consider checking to see if there are any restrictions on either phone within your account settings?

I'm trying my best, but if you've updated your profile (and rebooted), reset the messaging data, ensured you have over 30MB of internal storage, and checked for account restrictions, then I have nothing more to suggest.  Will (the Sprint tech) says there will be an Android update that addresses some text messaging issues.  Perhaps you are experiences one of the issues the update is supposed to address.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat