Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service after deactivation and rolling back to Froyo

Journeyman

No Service after deactivation and rolling back to Froyo

I recently switched over to a new phone, thus deactivating my Optimus S. After deactivation, I rolled back to Android 2.2 using Sprint's update.zip file. After the restore, I no longer have any reception, it just says "No Service", and I know I'm in an area with perfect reception. I called Sprint and they told me that it's fine and it will get signal once it is reactivated on a different line and that I should still be able to make emergency calls. I tried to argue with him, but he persisted. I don't see how the phone can make an emergency call with it literally has no service. Obviously I'm not going to test call 911, but if I try calling a 1-800 number, I get "mobile network not available", when usually you would expect to receive an automated message saying the phone isn't activated. I don't see how it could be a hardware issue, considering it was just working before I downgraded, so can anybody provide some steps to try and get this thing's signal back? I have tried to reset the phone to factory defaults multiple times.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Ok I solved the problem, and will post the solution in case anybody else runs into this. The phone was running a custom ROM with a custom recovery (I know, this won't garner any sympathy from Sprint folk). I tried flashing the update.zip with the custom recovery, which mostly works (if you turn off signature checking), but doesn't flash the radio image. So I re-rooted, restored the stock recovery using flash_image and the stock recovery file. Then I re-flashed the update.zip file from stock recovery and I have signal again.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat