cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications of some text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't know what's up, but it seems to happen almost exclusively with iPhone users. Sometimes, I don't get a notification of being sent a text, either with a sound OR with an icon. The only way I know if there's a text is if I open up the texing inbox. In the texting inbox, it shows the sender with the message in bold, and it says: <Subject: New Message> - then the text message. It has a "download" icon, as if they were sending a photo, but it's just text. 

This is a HUGE problem b/c my boss is an iPhone user, and I need to respond to him ASAP. Please help!!

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

have you tried an alternate messaging app from the Android market?

Journeyman

Didn't know they existed. Any recommendations? Do they fix this problem completely? Why doesn't the regular texting work?

Master

It sounds like you are receiving MMS  versus SMS messages  How long are these texts    if over 160 characters counting spaces they are mms and are received like pictures.

Journeyman

Short texts, like "Can you come in tomorrow at 8am?"

Master

Still sounds like the I phone is sending an MMS message versus SMS   I do not know how the I phone handles messages and if it is the problem   I would like to send you a private message so I can get some additional information from you   That we would not want posted in the forums

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat