cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

Journeyman

Not receiving calls

I have the LG-160 which I have had for over 18 months.  I have had Google Voice for at least 6 months.  For some reason I no longer receive calls.  This started a day or two ago.  The call will ring a few times and then go to voicemail.  Google Voice immediately lets me know I missed a call and lets me know I have a VME.

I contacted Customer Support and they had me do the usual (update profile, restart, enter ##number#, etc.) and reset the phone.  I was then instructed to go to a service center.  They immediately blamed Google Voice.  I don't want to remove GV from my account as a number of people use my GV number.

Searching these forums, it appears that it is NOT most likely a GV problem, but a problem in the network.

Any suggestions?  Anyone else experiencing this problem?  I'm in Michigan, so I don't think storm Sandy is the issue.

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Not receiving calls

Can you make calls normally on the device?    Does it happen every where you go or just on one area?   Is it happening with all incoming calls or just some calls?   If you dial the cell phones number versus the Google voice number do the calls come through correctly? 

Journeyman

I can make calls OK.  I have been 60 miles away from home with the same issues.  It appears to be happening with all calls.  It doesn't matter whether I call the cell phone number or the GV number.  I have disabled the GV forwarding to the phone but no change.

Master

If it is happening when the cell phones number is called it is not Google voice.  When the phone is called does it roll striaght to Voice mail or does it ring first or is there and error message on the line?

Journeyman

It rings a few times and then goes to voicemail.  Also, it happens whether I'm on the network or wifi.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can stop looking into this.  I can't afford to wait for a solution.  I called Sprint and had them disable GV.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.