Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
Optimize Battery Life on the LG Optimus S
Some users have reported battery life issues with the LG Optimus S. While users on a variety of forums point to high time without service readings as a cause, this has not been definitively identified by Google/Sprint/LG as the key contributor to poor battery life.
LG Optimus S
While there is no definitive resolution at this time, some users have reported that toggling Airplane mode On and Off seems to help somewhat. In addition, there are some general tips to conserve battery life that may be beneficial. Please see the Conserve Battery Life device simulation in the Device Tutorials for additional specifics.
How to turn Airplane mode On of Off:
1. From the home screen, press the Menu key.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Wireless & networks.
4. Tap Airplane mode to enable.
5. Tap Airplane mode again to disable.
General battery conservation tips:
1. Disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the Portable Hotspot features when they are not actively being used. (Settings > Wireless & networks)
2. Turn down the screen brightness. (Settings > Display)
3. Disable haptic feedback. (Settings > Sound)
4. Remove home screen widgets that aren’t needed.
5. Adjust the update frequency for widgets and applications like News, Weather and Email.
6. Check the settings of frequently used applications for battery conservation options (Push, Peak/Off-Peak settings).