cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimus keeps randomly going to VM and no roaming indicator

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone randomly goes to VM for no apparent reason. Phone works fine for outgoing calls.  I took it to the sprint store and they downgraded the sw from 2.3 to 2.2 but that did  not solve the problem.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Location is the key here - post an address near your address - not your exact address for privacy reasons - and we can research it and see why this is happening. Is it any time of the day or night or just certain times? Is it with all callers? If you see any patterns include those in your reply. Do you have delay in receiving text or any other message types?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

1308 Wicklow Drive Cary, NC 27511.  I do have an AirRave if that helps.  No specific time involved.  Sometime when I push the power button quickly to turn blank the screen it also happen,  Please be aware that I have no issue on outgoing calls.  I know my Airrave is working because I get the 2 beeps before I connect.  Don't see a delay intxt msgs or email msgs. I do happen to only get 1 bar most times but never a roaming indicator.  Hope this info helps

Master

Have you boosted your Airave signal?  It should cover your home if you do this.http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/77438

How many feet are you from the Airvave most of the time?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Never got a procedure on how to bost the signal.  Can you point to a document or set up instructions?  Furthest distance line of sight no more than 30 feet.  Thanks for your help.

PS.  Sprint wants me to take the phone back again but that is not the fix.. I live in a dead area and that is why Sprint gave me an Airrave.

Master

Just click the link I included and follow the instructions.

Larry

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/77438

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat