cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is Virtually Rendered USELESS

Journeyman

Phone is Virtually Rendered USELESS

Ever since the software update my phone has been a perpetual nightmare that we still are required to PAY FOR every month - even though it is USELESS. I think Sprint should have to offer all of us who cannot use our phones for what they are made for new phones of a different kind. I was told LG was frantically working to solve the problem - it was a nationwide issue and thousands were affected. Well, why the hell many weeks later we're all still using crappy phones and still paying nomral prices for the service????? It's getting utterly maddening! SPRINT - do something about this!!!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: Phone is Virtually Rendered USELESS

Sprint has been working with LG to correct the issues associated with GB release. Because of the time required to rectify the issue, Sprint made the previous software version available to revert back to until LG is able to correct the coding issues with the software so that your phone will function properly again.  This temporary fix was made available a few weeks ago.  I certainly apologize for the frustrations that arise because of the issues with your phone, but please understand we are aware of the issues and doing everything we can to work with LG to resolve it as quickly as possible.  You can visit a Sprint S&R location to revert back to Froyo or you can attempt it yourself if you'd like. Here are the instructions on reverting back to your previous software version if you'd like to look into it:

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/lg_optimus_s.shtml

Journeyman

Re: Phone is Virtually Rendered USELESS

We were told by Sprint on the phone when we called a few weeks back and they said to go into the store for this revert to old software and when we went into the Gainesville, GA store of Washington St, they told us they didn;t know why Sprint told us to do that because they have NO way to revert - i asked two different tech associates and they said the same thing.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat