cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stopped reading SD card.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My LG Optimus S no longer recognizes my SD card.  It scans it for errors when I turn on the phone then says "SD card blank or has unsupported file system".  The card is NOT blank.  I put it in the computer & most of the files are there - thank goodness because I was able to save my pictures.  I've tried to format the card & that doesn't work either.  My next thing to try will be to reset the phone to factory settings.  This phone is a replacement for another Optimus S that was having issues & of course it's a refurbished one.  I'd much rather fix this problem than get on the phone with Sprint & argue with them about a warrantee replacement.

Anyone from Sprint care to help on this problem?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Thought I would add - the SD card is from my first Optimus.  The refurbished phone was just that - the phone & battery.  No SD card included.

Journeyman

after a factory reset - still not reading SD card.  I've posted on other Sprint forums & have gotten a reply rather quickly.  Obviously this isn't an important enough issue & I'll be stuck calling Sprint to deal with this. 

Wizard

In response to your post, would you happen to have another SD card you can try in your phone to see if it reads that one? If you do and the card is still not readable, then I would suggest taking the device to a Service and Repair center in your area. The SD reader may be defective.

~Markie_B

Journeyman

I'm currently looking for another card.  Thought I had one from another phone I had.  Our nearest repair center is 2 hours away.  I've been through that before.  Sprint tried to convince me that the little mall kiosk we have was a repair center.  It was quite the battle over the phone convincing them that I would have to drive 2 hours (which is NOT an option) to have anyone look at my phone. 

Journeyman

although not an option for some, i went through LG warranty service myself. The cost was $5.00 shipping as opposed to the $25-$30 bill Sprint charges. Another thing to think about is you're out the phone for up to 10 days.

I just figured i survived just fine BEFORE my phone, not having it for a week really wasn't that bad. I actually felt a little freer =)

Journeyman

I've had very quick delivery with a warrenty replacement.  It's just dealing with the person on the other end of the phone that drives me nuts.

Journeyman

I finally found my extra SD card.  It's never been used - came with my boyfriend's replacement phone & wasn't needed.  For some reason his warrenty replacement phone was NEW.  Go figure...  My phone has been checking for errors for 5 minutes now.  Really hoping this works.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat