cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems After the Latest Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

Problems After the Latest Gingerbread Update

I didn't want to update my phone, because I had problems last time and I was apprehensive.

Sprint wrote on here that people would be given an option to not update but that actually wasn't the case because the notification popped up on my screen every hour or so and wouldn't go away.  After a few days of this I was annoyed and caved.  I updated and I'm having the following problems:

• GPS issues
    • loses signal often; never happened before
    • sometimes the GPS/location is on even when I've stopped any applications using it, which ends up draining my battery
  • Keyboard issues
    • keyboard works but is very, very slow/delayed
    • sometimes texting completely stops working and I get an error message saying that the keyboard application has force stopped
  • Texting issues
    • sometimes the last word(s) that I've entered and already sent in a message is/are prepopulated in the text message field (even though I've already sent it)
    • I've gotten feedback from friends that they've received duplicate messages, even though they don't show up on my end and I only sent the message one
    • already mentioned, but sometimes the text messaging functionality stops working completely and won't open, and then I need to turn my phone off and back on
  • Touch screen issues
    • I have had to take my battery out on several occasions because I couldn't get the screen to turn on, and I couldn't touch the "off" selection after holding down the power button

So if anyone is thinking about updating, don't.

Is anyone else having any problems?  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Problems After the Latest Gingerbread Update

Hard reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's the plan...but I'm annoyed, angry, and frustrated that this happened.  Again.

Journeyman

the duplicate message isn't the phone. That is actually a sprint network problem. I get it too. My friends on sprint will text to me and I get duplicates and when I text them they get duplicates. Most of the time I notice it when I'm at home connected to my airave. If you have one of those that also could be a small problem too. We reset our airave and it fixed our duplicate text problem. Also when a phone updates usually a couple days there will be a few small problems thats why its always better to do a hard reset and that is through android recovery.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat