cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Shutdown with 2.3 gingerbread

Journeyman

I have been a sprint customer for 12 years now. I have recently updated my LG Optimus S to Gingerbread 2.3 that was so exciting to see some of the problems with 2.2 go away. Then since the first day I have had storage issues, network not connecting and random shutdown that require the battery to be removed to be able to turn phone on. After several calls to Sprint trying to get me to use my upgrade or the latest option is to drive 25 minutes (50 round trip) to wait an hour plus for thier techs to downgrade my phone to froyo. When asking them to replace with a working 2.3 phone they told me they would have but since I had several replacements, due to faulty refurbished units being sent, I have no other options. I have waited patiently the last weeks for you guys at sprint to get a software update and this phone is used for work purposes and missed calls can have extreme consequences. Please step up and do the right thing sprint and get it fixed right or get us working phones. I don't feel downgrading and losing programs etc.. is fixing anthing!

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

My kids have the same phone and experienced several issues after the 2.3 update. I did a complete backup of both internal and external storage and wiped both and did a factory reset. All has been well with their phones since.

Journeyman

When you do a back up it is basically just contacts and calendar hat are google based. Are you able to back up programs and setting? Are your phones running on 2.3 or 2.2?

Wizard

Re: Random Shutdown with 2.3 gingerbread

For the SD card it's just a matter of drag and drop to a PC then back later on. For internal storage I back up contacts, calendars and any app that stores it's data on the internal storage and not the external.

Yes their phones are running the latest OTA of 2.3.

Journeyman

Re: Random Shutdown with 2.3 gingerbread

Ok after a 2 hour trip to the Sprint store to downgrade my software, that I didn't agree with as a solution, to froyo 2.2 my phone is still trashed. Hard reset and all was performed. By 1 day later the phone is still randomly shutting down being non responsive to on/off button on top, and it just turns on and off when pluged into a car charger. When I went back in the store after being denied any help by calling in to several departments requestin a replacement to be sent I went back to the same store, Westminster CA, who had no LG's to swap out so the offered old outdated downgrade phones to replace this now verified broken phone. I was so upset I just said record that the phone is not working and left the store. When I called in several times to only get a useless supervisor named Adrian in Florida he said there was nothing that could be done and he didn't care if I cancelled all 4 phones on my plan and left sprint. I said fine just replace my phone where he sent me to the irvine CA. storee stating that hey had a optimus s in stock to swap out my phone. Then I headed there and upon calling they said they would have to evaluate my phone and order the phone they did not have any in stock. A very rude supervisor named Scott told me it was to bad but that is it and then refused to give me his last name before hanging up on me. Really Sprint this is ridiculus considering tha LG is stating that they are working with you to replace these affected phones with tested 2.3 working ones. Why is is that the same phone on T-mobile's network is fixed and running fine on 2.3?

Journeyman

I guess the message is being heard by ending the premiere program and your actions tha sprint does no longer care for its long term loyal customers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat