ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results of LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update - LS670ZVJ

Journeyman

Results of LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update - LS670ZVJ

I can confirm that my wife's phone (LG Optimus S) recieved the update yesterday and is running the new build (LS670ZVJ).

The issues with predictive text are resolved and her text messages are working normally.  Haven't seen any issues, but it's only been two days.

Very grateful to Sprint that they followed through on their promise to deliver the update.  Frustrated that it took them so long.

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - branched from a different discussion and updated title to represent subject matter.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

im glad to hear that there isnt any issues... i have yet to recieve the update still waiting

Journeyman

Well to say there aren't any issues may be premature!  After mine updated the battery use description shows the phone unplugged for 2 hours when it really has been unplugged for more than 12 hours!! Just waiting to see what else turns up.....1st Edit..just realized whatsapp option no longer available when you tap a home screen contact icon..

FAIL!

Sprint Employee

Hello cdc88, have you already reinstalled the whatsapp application, and remove/replace the contact's icon? were you running 2.2, or 2.3 before you updated to ZVJ?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

@RC1024

Hi, yes I had 2.2, reinstalled after initial 2.3 OTA update failed (screen froze while rebooting after download), phone was a little buggy after so I searched this forum, used android recovery and applied 2.2 zip update.  Yes I did try all the things before posting on the forum and after you replied it had fixed itself, just was taking its sweet time!  Although I still have an issue with the "on battery" and "up time" (<settings< ! about phone< status) information being completely inaccurate. Other than that, seems the hard reset has corrected the other minor issues.  Thanks

Sprint Employee

I'm glad that there has been an improvement, but am curious as to which version of 2.3 you have so I may report problems if necessary.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android Version

Baseband Version

LS670MVJ_6150

Kernal Version

2.6.35.7-perf    

lg-electronics@si-rd-BLD165#2

Build number

ZVJ.47B56B46

SW Version

LS670ZVJ

Ok, I hope this helps as I used that meter extensively in regards to new apps.  If it drained the battery, I got rid of it. I once got 32 hours of use (using sparingly of course) but stll on average get 12-20 hours before recharging.  So far this update has maintained excellent battery life as well.

Thanks again and keep me informed if there is any thing else I can try.....Good Luck!

Sprint Employee

Thank you for all of your responses. CDC88, I'm glad that this update had helped, and you may possibly see longer battery life using a free app like Juice defender.

Journeyman

having problems syncing with bluetooth device in my car drive 2012 ford focus.  it will ring in the car when phone rings and phone says bluetooth is active, but i have to disconnect device and then reconnect device inorder for it to work properly.  Previously i would just get in the car with my phone on me and it would work with no problem. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat