cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card messing up since latest update LG optimus

Journeyman

The other day my phone did an update and now it doesn't read the SD card randomly, or will say "SD card removed" when i haven't touched the card. I have turned the phone off and back on, removed the sd card and placed it back in, went into settings and sd card settings to see what i could do, nothing seems to work, anyone else have this issue and/or know what i can do to make it stop. the phone also randomly shuts off and turns back on as i am trying to use it, the gallery won't pull up most of the time (it's just black screen, and then i wait and wait and it either locks the phone up or restarts phone). I was having all these issues except the sd card one before the update so i am used to it lol but the sd card thing is annoying because some of my apps are on sd and will say "can not run, no sd card detected".

again the sd card issue started after my phone did an automatic update.

side note: does anyone have the international plan and is it even worth it? i am moving overseas on military orders and would like to know if i should keep sprint or just cancel.

thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Wizard

DANIKNAPP,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your phone. We had a similar thing happen with the 2.2 update on the Epic not detecting the SD card. We could fix that by formatting the SD card in the phone. If you do this it will cause you to lose any info on the SD card but you can back it up by copying the files to a computer first.

To format the SD card you go into settings > SD card... > (Unmount if mounted) and Erase SD card. Let me know if that helps with the SD card not being read.

With the powercycling; does the phone get hot to the touch? It could be the phone trying to "protect" itself if it is.

Also, your phone won't work internationally. You can contact our customer service and they can place your phone on a military suspension so that you can keep your number if you like.

-Alec

Journeyman

If they don't fix this horrible Android update, I'd dump them for a company that cares.

Wizard

cljahn1963,

Sprint is currently working with LG to fix the issues that came from the update and we hope to have an update available soon. Sadly I don't have a date at this time but can assure you that we will send it out as soon as it's ready.

-Alec.

Journeyman

I have to say Alec, I've been reading these forum's for the past two days trying to get some insght to my NEW problem with my LG Optimus. I am espcially happy to hear from you, and I am assuming you are a sprint or LG employee, that there is something in the works for fixing the problem. This whole thing is just amazing, I had a perfectly good phone that I rely on for everything. I dont like the new look, but will get used to it. Solved my own keyboard issue by downloading a new keyboard even though I should not have had to. But once the phone started shutting down, freezing up and telling me that my sd card is not mounted I started to freak! I would go and check my pics and there were NONE! I have two children that I take pics of on a regular basis with this phone and I shouldnt have to worry about backing up all my pics. Of course, once it reboots ITSELF all the pics return. Sorry to complain about the same stuff everyone else has, I know you have heard it all before and will continue to hear it. I guess what I'm getting at is more updates on the status of the fix is much appreciated!!! Please keep them coming!!!!

Journeyman

I have been having the same issue, after recieving the update only three days ago. Never had any of these issues before (phone shutting off randomly, SD card being removed having not touched it at all, etc). Hope that someone fixes these problems soon.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, Alec.  If Sprint had a lick of sense, they'd be messaging all the LG Optimus customers they just screwed to let them know that action is being taken.  Of course, if they had a lick of sense, they'd have already reverted to the prior version of Android until the crapdate is fixed.

Journeyman

After the recent update I had numerous problems with my Optimus. Went to 3 different Sprint stores only to wait at the last one to tell me they fixed it...well they didnt. Phone still wouldnt charge or recognize when plugged into USB port. Well after 2 days of searching, I found a solution. I went to lg.com put in Optimus S & then search, click on resources & downloaded the drivers for LG Android. Installed it on the pc & ran through the setup & plugged in the phone & it works perfectly again! Its worth a try.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues!  I already was having issues with my phone rebooting itself (although it has been happing more frequently the last couple days).  And I'm really getting ticked at it unmounting my sd card and telling me that the sd card has been removed.  I HATE this phone!!!!  I really wish they would give an option to switch phones because I NEVER have had such horrible luck with a phone!  If anyone reading this is thinking about buying an optimus take this advise:  DON'T DO IT!

Wizard

Please see this post for the issues Sprint and LG are investigating.  There are temporary workarounds included for some of the issues that may be helpful. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Regarding the workaround of power-cycling the phone to recognize the SD card, I think it's a little faster to pop it out and pop it back in, once it's unmounted. I also found that going to menu > settings > SD card & phone storage and asking it to mount the card was a bit faster. The SD card weirdness is pretty much the only issue I've had since the upgrade. My phone has rebooted a couple of times (that I'm aware of), and the SD card has unmounted a few times (and sometimes re-mounts almost immediately), so I'm counting myself lucky, after reading a lot of these posts...

Journeyman

I'm assuming this problem has not been taken care of? I have had problems with the sd card since the update. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat