cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card messing up since latest update LG optimus

Journeyman

Some days it seems like the SD card issues are really bad! My SD card issues have been acting up frequently over the last two days -- random mounting and unmounting, and sometimes the unmounting is followed by the phone rebooting. Really, really wish they'd fix this issue.....

Journeyman

For what it's worth, I also had the SD card unmounting issue several times a day following the GB update.

There was a similar issues last year for LG Optimus S phones under Froyo that eventually was addressed by a SW update. Prior to the update several people eliminated the problem by replacing the micro-SD card that came with the phone with a 3rd party micro-SD. I figured if it worked once before, maybe it will solve the problem we're seeing with the GB update. I bought a Patriot 4GB class 4 micro-SD card ($5) and copied the contents of my original card onto it. Placed the new micro-SD card in my phone and haven't had a single unmount since (about 1 month).

Your milage may vary, but it worked for me. Of course, I'd prefer that LG/Sprint just fix the GB issues.

Journeyman

Yeah, I was hoping for a fix to finally be applied like it was last year, but I think I'm at the point where I'm going to buy a replacement SD card. It'll give me more space anyway. Thanks for the input!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I picked up an 8GB microSD card and just copied all my stuff to it. Seems to work just fine with my phone. We'll see if there are any more random un-mountings! In the meantime I have a ton of space ...

Journeyman

I'm happy to say that replacing the SD card has alleviated 99.9% of the issues I had with the Optimus after Gingerbread. It's running fine, knock on wood! :-)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat