Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
Set Ringtones as Notifications on the LG Optimus S
With the LG Optimus S, to use downloaded ringtones as notifications, the ringtones must first be saved to a Notifications folder on the SD card. Once in the folder on the SD card, the ringtones can then be set for specific notifications, within each desired application.
Note: The Notifications folder can be created as a new folder directly in the root directory of the SD card; it does not need to be inside any other folder.
To create the Notifications folder:
1. Connect the USB cable from the handset to the computer. On the handset, tap Turn on USB storage. Note: If no prompt appears, tap and drag down the notifications bar and tap USB connected.
2. Read the message and tap OK.
3. On the computer, if an AutoPlay window appears, select Open folder to view folders.
4. A windows will appear showing the contents of the MicroSD card installed on the handset. Click on Make a new folder.
5. Click on the new folder and rename it Notifications.
6. Drag and drop the desired ringtones into the Notifications folder.
7. Once the files are transferred, disconnect the USB cable.
To set ringtones for notifications:
1. From the desired application, press the Menu key.
2. Tap Settings. Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on the application. For Email, tap More and then tap Settings.