cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint pushed firmware update, now Auto correct is gone-Optimus-s

Go to solution
Patron

This morning Sprint pushed a firmware update to my Optimus-s and now auto correct only see's entries from my user dictionary. I have tried all of the obvious setting but still cant fix it. It is effecting sms and email apps.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
Wizard

RickJFK,

Thanks for posting your concern. Try going to the Android market and see if you can download "Gingerbread Keyboard". I heard this application has is great and corrects the issue.

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,

William

SprintCares Social Media Team

Re: Sprint pushed firmware update, now Auto correct is gone-Optimus-s

After upgrading to software version LS670ZVH the predictive text database is deleted from the handset when using the Android keyboard. 

LG is working on a fix for this issue, and we will provide more information once it is available. 

As a workaround you can use the Swype keyboard which will still show predictive text if selected in the settings menu. 

Journeyman

This update is TERRIBLE!

Way Too Dark!

Who in their right mind would make the OS theme so Dark you can't see the EFFING KEY PAD!

Call volume is TOO EFFING LOUD!

Autocorrect NO LONGER WORKS!

Some Update!

I just spent an HOUR on the phone with Sprint and all they did was blame LG!

Sprint actually told me they don't control the updates that come across ON THEIR OWN NETWORK!

I'm cancelling my account with Sprint tomorrow and getting new service from T-Mobile.

My wife uses them and has NEVER had an issue with any phone update.

Sprint, your lack or quality control is enough for me.

You have lost me as a customer!

Wizard

"Lack of quality control." Seriously?

If it was THEIR update that would make sense.

You're gonna blame Sprint for providing you an LG provided firmware update? Pretty unreasonable. Did they force you to install it, too?

Lesson learned. Never apply any OTA updates of any kind until you have researched the results others have had. Hardware companies seem to be dropping the ball on fully testing their device software, as of late. I never automatically apply these things anymore until I'm sure of the results. (And still there's often unforseen variables since a company can not test for every single possibility of hardware and app combinations that people may have).

Journeyman

Yes, I am going to blame Sprint.

The bug-ridden update came across THEIR NETWORK!

I find it very hard to believe that ANY testing of this update was done by ANYONE.

Who in their right mind would come up with such a dark theme that the notification bar and keypad can barely be seen?

SOmething as basic as in-call volume isn't checked?

The deleted auto-correct dictionary.

I could go on and on.

Sprint has an obligation test every single update that comes acros THEIR NETWORK!

Master

BaBaBoeey wrote:

Yes, I am going to blame Sprint.

The bug-ridden update came across THEIR NETWORK!

I find it very hard to believe that ANY testing of this update was done by ANYONE.

Who in their right mind would come up with such a dark theme that the notification bar and keypad can barely be seen?

SOmething as basic as in-call volume isn't checked?

The deleted auto-correct dictionary.

I could go on and on.

Sprint has an obligation test every single update that comes acros THEIR NETWORK!

1. And all of the websites you go to, texts you send, phone calls you make, etc. go over that very same network...

2. The color scheme is the standard color scheme for Android 2.3 Gingerbread as released directly by Google. The previous light color was the color scheme for Android 2.2 Froyo and below. LG has done nothing to the standard Android color scheme.

3. In call volume can be changed using the volume buttons while in a call. I had a customer who came in about that and it just seems like after the update it is defaulting to the highest setting, when I adjusted the volume back down it stayed there like it should.

4. The deleted auto-correct dictionary is currently being investigated by LG. In the mean time the workaround is to use either the Swype keyboard that is built-in (and IMHO much better than the standard Android keyboard) or to use an alternate keyboard from the marketplace.

Journeyman

In call volume can NOT be changed.

I have tried it REPEATEDLY!

I even tried the backlight fix for the volume issue!

I spent an HOUR on the phone with you people.

I can't believe you have the balls to essentially say that none of this is Sprint's responsibility?

The phone was sold to me BY SPRINT, is branded BY SPRINT, and runs on the SPRINT NETWORK.

Sprint and LG has soured me on Android.

I'm cancelling my account tomorrow.

You people screwed up NEXTEL and now you are giving Android a bad name.

Journeyman

I got the update this morning, and now I went from loving my phone to be very irritated with it.  I hate the Halloween look to it, it is super slow, and I hate texting on it, especially with no auto-correct or detect or whatever it had before.  I spent an hour on the phone with Sprint and basically went back to factory settings, and that helped, but the texing is going to drive me nuts.    I have also heard there is an issue with charging the phone, but I have not tried that yet.

Argh....I want my old phone back.

Master

BaBaBoeey wrote:

In call volume can NOT be changed.

I have tried it REPEATEDLY!

I even tried the backlight fix for the volume issue!

I spent an HOUR on the phone with you people.

I can't believe you have the balls to essentially say that none of this is Sprint's responsibility?

The phone was sold to me BY SPRINT, is branded BY SPRINT, and runs on the SPRINT NETWORK.

Sprint and LG has soured me on Android.

I'm cancelling my account tomorrow.

You people screwed up NEXTEL and now you are giving Android a bad name.

Software updates are developed and tested primarily by the manufacturer. Sprint does some testing afterwards to ensure it does not break something on the network side, but most of the work is done by the maker.

I verified personally with a customer running Android 2.3 on their Optimus today that I was indeed able to change the in-call volume. If you have not tried it yet, I would recommend performing a factory reset on the device. This will wipe everything from the phone, but in most cases it will fix erroneous issues after a software update on most Android phones.

As with ALL Android updates. If you are having issues after an update, try a factory reset and see if the issues go away. If they do, it was likely some corrupted file that got messed up during the update process. If the issues do not go away then it is either hardware-related and a coincidence it occurred when the update came through, or an issue with the update itself. Without working with a clean phone however, there is no way to be 100% sure the issue isn't caused by an incompatibility with an app you have installed or a corrupted file.

Journeyman

Sprint chose to release the update to their customers so yes, they have a responsibilty in spreading this bug-ridden disaster.

Journeyman

The standard android color scheme for this release SUCKS.  How about telling us how to fix it so we can ACTUALLY USE our phones again?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat