My Optimus S also received the firmware upgrade. I would like to echo that the volume on the phone is too loud and cannot be lowered. At first I thought that I had accidently put it on speaker phone. Yes, it's that loud. I have to hold it about 6 inches from my ear to carry on a conversation.
If I do a factory reset what am I going to lose? Contacts?
The phone issue is a big deal, but I'm ambivalent about the new color scheme. What else was changed?
Hello Sprint tech support & moderators,
I'd like to know please if Sprint has identified each of these as issues, and if they're working to identify solutions for each:
1. Word prediction using Android stock keyboard does not work; pulls from my contacts list instead
2. USB connection to computers, particularly to download large video files, etc., but also for charging
3. Power consumption (my battery discharged in 6 hours today, in which time I was actively using the phone for only 1 hour)
4. "Double typing" on the new Android keyboard, meaning that you tap a letter once but it appears twice
5. Telephone keypad: The telephone "buttons" no longer have any outline or contrast around them, just a number in white. You can't see the keypad to dial a call in the sunlight. If you switch over to use the keypad while a call is in progress, that keypad screen is even more difficult to see. It's an even bigger distraction now to try and dial a call while driving, because the keypad is so much harder now to see in a glare.
What should we expect to hear back from Sprint in the coming days and weeks on these issues? How long does it take to get these things fixed and incorporated into a new update?
why should we have to go through all of this?? if were 25 minutes late on billing youre sending in the fbi..the phones were perfect the way they were and swipe sucks
Now I have noticed that my phone will not charge no matter what I do. How can I uninstall the update or fix my phone so it will charge?
If Ford or Toyota showed up one night and removed the engine from your car and replaced it with one that ran poorly and leaked oil, they'd be facing a class action lawsuit. This "upgrade" has basically broken the phone. They either need to roll back to the previous, WORKING version, or Sprint should swap out the LG phones for something that works correctly and make LG pay for it. Right now, I am pissed at both companies.
I had issues with my calendar, with my contacts and Facebook syncing, with charging using my USB cord, and with the auto correct. I was able to fix everything (except the auto correct) by googling them. It's really frustrating. Perhaps the update shouldn't have been put out there if it wasn't going to allow everything to work as it did before, or better than it did before. Isn't that the whole point of an update?
Is there a way to prevent auto updates? My phone did it while I was asleep I woke up and everything was different. Please share so that I can prevent this from happening...thx
hello taj_laneal, for the autocorrect you may want to consider, as a way around the problem for now, installing User Dictionary manager, free from the market, then import a word list from the software developer's website.
My Aux cord hooked to my lg optimus doesnt work anymore either. If you go to market place and download go keyboard (free) you can get your texting to go back to predictive text. My phone shuts off in the middle of the night also, and does not come back on, which means my alarm doesn't go off, making me late for work. Nice job sprint, this new update sucks!!
See this post for issues following the update. It includes a link with instructions on how to revert back to the previous software load (Froyo) if desired.