cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshoot common issues on your LG Optimus S

Journeyman

Dose anyone have trouble keeping the battery charged.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Yes.  This just started yesterday.  I have had the phone since about mid-November 2010.  I leave it on the charger and it will not fully charge.  Taking it into the store to see if it is the charger.

Journeyman

Yes. I was told this is a "known issue" & that they are "trying to resolve is. They told me that the way to fix it is to charge the phone while it is turned off. Seems to work, but not always convenient.

Journeyman

I loaded on the free Juice Defender from the market the day after I got my Optimus. I find that if I turn it off I get terrible battery performance but with it on things are reasonable. YMMV

Highlighted
Journeyman

i found out if you buy a new cord it will work i have 3 phones on my account

Journeyman

I am on my third phone and have yet to find a solution to the battery charging issue.  These phones are junk.

Journeyman

I've tried charging while turned on and off and nothing works.  I also have a spare charger that doesn't help the problem, my battery died 3 times today alone. 

Journeyman

I have also tried every possible configuration to charge my phone.  Essentially I leave it plugged in now at all times.  I only take it off the teather for short periods of time, if it is more than two hours the phone will die.  This is my third phone, including one brand new one and one refurbished phone.

Journeyman

Guys, my wifes LG Optimus S had this same issue.

I was able to resolve it by purchasing a Motorola micro USB charger for a Droid X Android Phone.

They are 850ma as apposed to 700ma LG ones and it cost me $5.50 on Amazon.

It's been working great for over a month now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat