cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST PHONE EVER!

Highlighted
Journeyman

WORST PHONE EVER!

I have never hated a phone...until now.  This LG Optimus S is THE absolute worst phone I've ever had.  This is the 2nd replacement now and they are all JUNK!  They constantly shut down on their own, lock up, SD card issues, Facebook doesn't work half the time, I mean the list goes on and on.  I use my phone as my morning alarm and I've only had this replacement for 2 days and I FORTUNATELY woke up before my alarm to find that the phone had shut off during the night - so if I hadn't woken up on my own, I would have overslept.  I'm unhappy with Sprint for not doing anything about it but continue to replace with junk devices.  If this is an LG issue, then why are they offering such a crappy phone?  Makes me not like Sprint for this reason.  I am just holding out until I can upgrade my device in 46 days!  UGH.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

WORST PHONE EVER!

Couldn't agree with you more.  My wife and I bought two Optimus phones and neither work well or reiliably.  It is truly unbelievable that they could both sell such a horrible product, and do nothing for the customers that are affected.

Journeyman

WORST PHONE EVER!

I couldn't agree more. This phone worked great for the first 30 days. Then, the SD card would randomly come unmounted on its own anywhere from 2 to 8 times per day! Then all of a sudden, the side camera and voice buttons were controling the volume instead of what they were meant for. If I held in the camera button to try and use it as a camera, the phone would crash and just reboot all on its own. But it didn't stop there, over the past month apps all started to just close with no rhyme or reason while I was trying to use them, and then the phone was rebooting randomly on its own atleast eight times a day. It is to the point where it reboots while I'm texting, or in calls. I use this phone for business, and needless to say this is VERY FRUSTRATING. I've reset the phone manually 4 times, but it has done nothing.

After talking to Sprint over the chat function, their answer was for me to take my phone to the Sprint Store. When I did the lady thought that a hard reset would fix the problem. After waiting two hours, I got my phone back and she said she'd fixed it. On my way out I pressed the camera and voice activation buttons and they were still operating the volume function instead of what they are meant for. Then, the phone rebooted two times in a row. I immediately went back into the store and told the lady that the problem was not fixed. She said that the problem was probably with the update to Android 2.3, and that I'd have to come back and have the phone downgraded back to Android 2.2.

Not wanting to have anymore of my time wasted, I went home and using Sprint's download section and the "update.zip" file, I installed Android 2.2 back on the phone, and it is now running with the OS. But guess what? NONE OF THE PROBLEMS WERE FIXED BY DOING THIS!

I have purchased a used HTC Evo 4G to replace this phone that has done nothing but cost me money and time, and has had me frustrated beyond belief. I would NEVER recommend this phone to anyone and think that Sprint is terrible for offering such an inferior product to its customers who pay good money for these devices and Sprint's service.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat