cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ever happened with the LG Optimus S Gingerberad Update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know its been a while, I downloaded it on my phone and had to end up getting a new Optimus because it screwed it all up. Once I got my new phone I figures they'd fix all the errors in the gingerbread update but still almost five months later ...still nothin. Anyone know any information about the update? I loved the new look of it just sucks that it had so many errors.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

I contacted LG today and they admit the issue.

Gustavo: As far as I know the 2.3 update has shown glitches with the Optimus S. Currently, our techs are working together with android and the carrier to come out with a fix ASAP. Unfortunately I do not have an estimated time to when it will be available yet I am afraid.

ASAP? It's been since 7/11? In other words, no one is working on it. LG says it's not there problem, it's Sprints/Googles. As we can see here, they don't care.

His suggestion- downgrade to Froyo

Journeyman

Agreed, I heard that LG didn't want to take responsibility for the problem because they had to replace all the phones the update messed up. It's BS- I agree with you 100% nobody is working on it nor do they care.

Wizard

Michelle.raeann,

The last update our device group relayed to us is that we're still working with LG on it. I wouldn't be surprised if we're going through extra testing with this one considering what happened with the last attempt.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat