cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't cut on

Journeyman

Won't cut on

Yesterday my phone cut off and it won't cut back on it's literally stuck on the android screen...are you kidding me i have charged it and taken the battery out and I can't get it to cut back on....help anyone.

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Update????

Hi,

Which software version are you currently running?

----George

Master

Re: Update????

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please refer to this post http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/76857.

Based on your feedback, Sprint and LG are investigating issues reported following the LG Optimus update to Gingerbread. 

Most of these issues are intermittent and are not experienced by all customers.  Workarounds are noted below where applicable.    More information will be posted here as it becomes available.  We apologize for any inconvenience. 

- Device not charging when plugged into a computer via USB or the AC Wall   Adapter. The Battery status under

Settings > About Phone > Status will read   "Discharging" while the device is plugged in. 

Workaround: Charge the device with a wall charger while the device is powered off. 

If this is not a viable workaround for you, visit or contact a Service & Repair center for a possible exchange.  This

issue is not occurring on all devices. 

- No access to data services (indicated by the lack of a 1X or 3G next to the Signal Indicator).

Workaround: From the dial pad, type ##72786# (##SCRTN#) and the device's   MSL. The device will power cycle and

perform a hands free activation which will resolve the issue.  Note: If you do not know your MSL, contact

Sprint Customer Service at 888-211-4727 for assistance.

- SD card un-mounted or removed message while the SD card is inserted in the device

Workaround: Power the device off and back on and the card will be recognized

- Device is not recognized by Windows XP, Vista, or 7 when connected to a PC via a USB connection.

Workaround: Re-install the LG USB Drivers on the PC: 

1. Go to http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

2. Click on Mobile Drivers

3. Select the Sprint LGALS670.zip (Sprint Android Drivers for XP, Vista and Win7) package

- Predictive text with the Android keyboard is not working

Workaround: use the Swype keyboard which will still show predictive text if selected in the settings menu.

1. To switch to the Swype keyboard:

Go to Home>Menu>Settings>Language&Keyboard>Select Input Method>Swype.

2. To ensure word prediction is enabled when using the Swype keyboard

Go to Home>Menu>Settings>Language&Keyboard>Swype> and ensure "Word Prediction" is selected. 

A community member posted that an app in the Android market helps with this issue.  This has not

been validated by Sprint, but wanted to pass it on. Here's the link to the app:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result

Journeyman

Update????

ls670zvh I am so upset with this update.

Journeyman

Update????

My husband's bill went from 50.00 a month to a whopping 250.00 this month. Get online to try and view past bills and it is virtually impossible.  I can't believe this.I'm no rocket scientist, but it should be a heck of alot easier to view your previous months bills.

Journeyman

Update????

I tired to download the driver so that I can get my phone connected to my computer it won't download this is so frustrating...

Journeyman

Update????

and we PAY for this awesome service. thanks bud

Journeyman

Lets go with Twitter then we will get a response #Sprintupdate #lgoptimus

Journeyman

After the update my phone turns off and will not turn back on unless i remove the battery. This is crazy! My phone what working perfectly until this upgrade nonsense!!! I've already done a factory reset and that didn't help one bit! Is there a way to undo the update???

Journeyman

Update????

My phone does the same thing with shutting off and having to remove the battery to get it to power back on.  Lost a lot of my data also. Any workaround yet?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat