cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't send picture or video messages? LG Optimus S

Highlighted

I received my phone about two weeks ago as did my boyfriend. We are completely new to Sprint and our phones will NOT send picture or video messages. We keep getting "Message expired or not available" and it says it is sending for about a day before finally saying sent. But no one got it. On occasion, we have managed to send a picture. But more often then not, we can't. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to fix that?

We have unlimited data and texts. So I really don't know what the problem could be...

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Your internet works without any problems, correct?

Does your navigation work?

Did you port your numbers to Sprint? If so and you were given temporary numbers you must hard reset the phones.

If your internet, navigation work and you did not port your numbers from another carrier you will need to go to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Messaging>>Clear Cache-Clear Data and then shut device off and back on and try to send one to his phone.  If this sticks in the same sending mode please repost on here - or do a hard reset.

Hard reset instructions

1. Turn the power off. pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Home and Volume Down button
  3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device
  5. The “Menu” button is the select button.

If you want me to contact you and help you please respond to my private message.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Re: Won't send picture or video messages? LG Optimus S

Okay, thank you. I will try the messaging clear thing now! And if that doesn't work, I'll reset it. That deletes everything off the phone, right?

Also, our cache was  already cleared? There was no option to clear it. Only the data.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat