cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your new update is horriblen and breaks part of our contracts with you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Your new update is horriblen and breaks part of our contracts with you.

My LG Optimus S also got hit with this update today.

It's just awful to look at (really, who thought this green and black monochromatic scheme would be appealing?) and I'm having issues with my SD card now. It will suddenly not recognize the SD and I have to unmount and remount it. This is kind of a problem when most of my apps are running off the SD card.

If nothing else, can you give us an easy option for reverting back to the previous version?

Journeyman

Is there anyway to go back to the old version without rooting?

Journeyman

I would also like to know if there's a way to change the color scheme back. I just find it difficult to see the icons on the top bar compared to previously. In addition, I also can't seem to access my gallery at all on my phone. I think a drastic update like this might be nice to come with a prior readme.

UPDATE: As of today (21 Sep) everything seems to be working better on my phone after the update. At first, everything I open, such as gallery, turning on bluetooth, previously installed apps, seemed to hang at least the first couple of attempts at opening them. But once I do get them to open, they are fine and respond normally afterwards.

I happened to have already had the USB drivers installed because I needed them for an app that I had downloaded a while back, so my system recognized the phone when I attached it without any of the issues others are having.

Journeyman

i have the lg optimis my phone was working find intill i installed the updates an i can not use my radio headphones to make calls it will work on music an audio but not to make calls complete silence fix idiots u should of made sure it was goin to work before u released the update thanks

Journeyman

i had that problem to that that it would try to to install the usb driver an said the driver was not found plz fix thanks

Journeyman

Thanks for the advice. I did install the UDM, but the Engligsh word list you noted was limited; no contractions. I searched a bit but couldn't find much, do you have ny thoughts on where to find a better list?

This seems all so unnecessary, the function of the old software was just fine. I don't suppose you know how I could exctract the old info from my non updated phone and use it on my wife's?

David

Journeyman

Completely agree, and I had the same problem when trying to import the English word list. This "upgrade" is about as awful as Facebook's.

Journeyman

John; I bought the phone from Sprint; Sprint sold it to me, in their packaging, with their label, and all service information they put in the package comes back to Sprint.  The phone even has a Sprint label.  No matter what mindless drivel you spew, the fact remains that this is Sprint's problem; they are the ones who entered into a contract with me, not LG, and not Google. I didn't ask for this update, I was very happy with the last update of 2.2, and more so now. Sprint is responsible to fix the problem.  END OF DISCUSSION.

Wizard

Please refer to this thread for issues being reported after the update.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat