cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to rollback from LS670ZVJ?

Journeyman

how to rollback from LS670ZVJ?

Sorry that I am not familar with android and its update mechanism. Is this LV670ZVJ and the baseband officially from Sprint? I thought so and installed it. Now I can't do international text messaging and sometimes my phone shows "charging" when it is not connected to any power. What is the best way to roll back to the previous version. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: how to rollback from LS670ZVJ?

Master

Befroe rolling back I would recommend trying a hard reset (factory reset). The rollback will require wiping the device anyway so you don't have anything else to lose by trying the reset first. Android 2.3 brings a lot of other improvements.

A factory reset will wipe the phone and bring it back to a stock version of the software without any applications, customizations, contacts, or other personal information.

Sometimes after major software updates, a file that wasn't actively being used previously but was corrupted already will be updated and cause system issues. A hard reset will fix this instance and remove user applications or customizations from impacting the device. If your phone is still having issues you can try to revert back to the Android 2,2 software.

Out of all of the phones I have seen in my S&R store since ZVJ was released, all of them have been fixed with a hard reset. Some we were able to fix by clearing the data in the application having the issue, this takes the app back to how it was when it was freshly installed on the device.

Journeyman

That link beliving posted is the one you want. I just used it to go back to Froyo after trying the latest gingerbread rollout. In fact, it's the same revert patch I used after the first gingerbread rollout in Sep 2011.

About 10 min after I reverted it started asking me to update again. So now I'm poking around the forums to see if I can just block it.

Wizard

Try this:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/88818?tstart=0

Basically, remove the battery after selecting "More Info."

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat