LG Rumor Reflex Software Update - LN272ZV8
- Updated email client
- LCD driver required for new LCD supplier
- Bluetooth MAP (messaging access profile) support
- Software version is LN272ZV8
- Software update will be pushed to all devices beginning 2/20, or you may initiate the update beginning 2/13.
- Refer to the LG Rumor Reflex Software Updates blog for install instructions.
I found that this update broke my Sprint Music Plus built-in phone app. Now Sprint Music won't run again because it says:
"Sorry, we are experiencing problems and need to recover your music.
This may take a few seconds.
Then I click okay and it tells me the same message, only with an error code of <60007>. What gives?
This all started happening when I updated to this firmware last week. I never got the firmware update automatically until last week.
I received the software update when it was pushed on 2/20. Since then I have continued to have problems with the phone.
1. Slide the keyboard out, create a text message, select a user, click on Done and Send. About every fourth time the Reflex will make a crinkling sound and reboot it's self.
2. When making a call through the cars Blue Tooth I will often times loose the connection. Sometimes when the phone is ringing and sometimes after a couple of minutes of talk. I can't determine if the phone is rebooting or not. If I try to do a redial I get the message that no device is available so I am guessing the phone is rebooting.
3. Sometimes when you press the buttons to wake the phone up to use it the screen goes blank before you can unlock the phone. I have to power cycle the phone to get it to stop. This includes removing the battery.
4. I have now lost access to my email servers several times. I have to reconnect and make sure I don't have it download my contacts. Otherwise I have duplicate contacts.
I have gotten a replacement phone twice now and I am waiting for a third replacement phone. They all seem to come with the LN272ZV8 software. I asked if they could load the previous version of the software but was told that it was very buggy also. I purchased this phone in September of 2012 and was pleased with it until the software update was pushed down. I had not had any problems with it until then.