cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy signal when calling voicemail

Journeyman

A couple days ago I tried calling my voicemail and got a busy signal.  At first I wasn't concerned, I thought maybe it was a little glitch but after a couple days I knew there was something wrong with it.  When someone calls me it rings endlessly, the voicemail doesn't pick up. Also it says that the call cannot be completed. Has this happened to anyone?  If so, how did you get it resolved?  I called Sprint Customer Service and talked with a very nice and helpful girl but we didn't have any luck getting it to work.  She said she would put in a case and have a technician call me, so hopefully they can figure out what is wrong.  I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do myself, but I doubt it..I probably need someone who knows what their doing and can access my account.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

Re: Busy signal when calling voicemail

Justine7171,

Thanks for your Community post. I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your voicemail as it is a very important feature and service. I had a customer with a similar issues in the past and we was able to fix it. What we did was remove the VM feature for her list of services and then added it back. Thus resetting the feature and fixing the issue.  If you would like to explore this option, please feel free to send me a private message. In your message please include the number in question, your PIN, and the best time to contact you.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thank you for the reply DePaul!  I will keep that in mind!  The customer service rep did try to reset my voicemail altogether but that didn't seem to work.  I will def. keep your advice in mind.  Thanks again!

Journeyman

I am having the same problem, I phone will ring and then callers receive a busy signal instead of VM, have you been able to resolve?  If so, how?  Thanks

Master

rburt1212,

Thank you for the post.  I'm sorry to see that you're having this issue.  If you're using Google Voice or the standard visual voicemail we can remove and then reapply and that should reset it for you.  You can send us a private message with your full name, phone number, your security pin number and a copy of this URl or you may pop in to a Sprint store where they should be able to assist: www.sprint.com/storelocator.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

I'm having problems with voicemail.

Journeyman

Hi, just saw your name on a post about voicemail ringing as busy. I noticed I wasn't getting voicemail. I called from another phone and it just rang until I hit decline, then it hung up completely. I call me voicemail and it rings busy. Can you please assist me?

Sprint Social Care

To everyone that is having similar issue with their Wi-Fi, If you're using Google Voice or the standard visual voicemail you may need to reset it. First disable visual voice then try calling your phone and see if your voicemail works.

Go to Google Voice and log on with Google Account information. 

Click Settings icon

Click Settings

In Settings, click Disable.

At prompt, click Disable Sprint Account

• Note: Disabling the Sprint account will remove it from the Google Voice account. 
  • All existing voicemail and text messages will remain available in the customer's inbox

If your voicemail works, then you know that the issue is with Google Voice. You then may need to uninstall Visual Voice and reinstall it.

If your voicemail still does not work, Send me your phone number and account PIN or answer to the security question by clicking HERE.

I will try and reset your voicemail directly from the system. Keep in mind that if a reset is performed you WILL LOSE ALL SAVED AND NEW MESSAGES ON YOUR INBOX.

Juan

Sprint Social care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same exact issue with my voicemail. Called Sprint on three separate occasions and each time after 56 minute waits on hold we lost connection and i was never called back My voicemail has been reset countless times trying to resolve this issue and each time still getting a busy signal when calling my voicemail from my phone or if calling from landline a man comes on saying the caller in not available. What is the point in paying for a service that you can not use and have access too. I also want to include that my iPhone 6s plus has been factory restored and nothing has changed with my voicemail. I just know that im sick of being put on hold with Sprint after an hour wait and then losing connection and not getting a call back.

Journeyman

I'm having same issue. I was on with customer service for over an hour, then went to the local corporate sprint store. They couldn't fix it. They suggested I replace my phone, which I did (at signficant cost) but it still does not work.

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just download youmail app

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat