cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Email Issues

Once again, this is about the 3rd time in just over a year, my email on the Reflex is acting up.

1) It stopped accepting email from my MSN account.  I have no idea if there was a connection to MSN's change from Hotmail to Outlook.  All I know is the phone asked for the password, I gave it, and the phone said it was wrong.  I think not.  Deleted and attempted to reinstall the account, no joy.  So now my Outlook email is forwarded to my Gmail account, which I can still access from my phone.  That worked for about a month, now we have an old problem resurfacing.

2) This morning I got up and checked email.  Once the data connection was enabled the phone notified me I had new email.  Did I ever.  Duplicate copies of messages that were associated with the MSN/Outlook account.  Tried to delete the messages as a group and separately, get this message:

Mail test failed because an unknown error.  Check your mailbox settings.

There are also messages that are blank on the From and no Subject.  Open the message and I see what looks like a Google calendar invite.  Try to delete it and get this message:

IDS_101_TITLE  IDS_101_TXT

Checking online at the email sites themselves, none of these duplicates are present and no issues deleting messages.  This is a phone problem.  AGAIN!!!

I am going to look for a local SPRINT store with a Service Center, but my money says they WON'T be able to fix it and the only option they will offer is deleting and reinstalling the email account.  As I noted, this is not the first time I have come across this problem.  I deleted and reinstalled email accounts before and now I cannot reinstall the MSN account.  Now I am facing error messages I have seen before and I have no idea why.  But then I had no idea why when this problem occurred before.  SPRINT certainly doesn't care or they would be fixing the problem.

Will update after I visit the SPRINT store and confirm my expectations.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Email Issues

So I finally made it into a SPRINT store with a repair center.  A very nice young man named Travis listened and looked as I showed him my problem.  Went off to the back of the store with my phone in hand.  Came back to tell me that the tech he spoke with said it's a known problem, source unknown, and that is was mine to fix by.....yes you guessed it, deleting and reinstalling the email account.  I smiled and nodded in all the right places, thanked Travis for his time and left.   Yes, I have done it and the email looks like it is working.  For now.

Just another day in paradise, another reason to ditch this phone at the first opportunity, and another reason to reconsider staying with SPRINT when my contract is up.

Journeyman

Khuten

Thank you for posting your issues and concerns with us. I apologize for the issues that you have been experiencing with your email. We don't want to see you leave. You mentioned that we have assisted you in resolving the issue you have but in the same breath you stated that we don't care. The issue as you were told is a know issue and the fix as reported by the technician is to uninstall then reinstall. When are you due for an upgrade? https://mysprint.sprint.com/mysprint/pages/sl/global/login.jsp?targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.sprint.c....

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Omar

Assisted me in resolving the issue?  Excuse me.  I went into the Repair Center this time in the vain hope that perhaps by now SPRINT and LG would have figured out what was going on, how to prevent it from happening again, and offer up a solution other than for me to uninstall/reinstall.  Unfortunately, I got confirmation that SPRINT hasn't got a clue why it happens or how to prevent it, ergo no fixes to save the customer from recurring email failures.  I expect I'll be uninstalling and reinstalling the email at least 1-3 more times over the next year.

Do explain why I should even have to anticipate doing that.  Why am I expected to just live with this problem?  Have you even noticed that the LG Rumor Reflex subspace in the community forums is the LARGEST of all the LG phone spaces?  It is filled to the brim with negative feedback and reports of the same problems, over and over and over.  Yet SPRINT continues to market this phone.

I will tell you what I told Dan (SprintIronMan) on another thread - The Reflex has been on the market for over a year.  At what point do SPRINT and LG decide it's a lemon, declare victory and give customers reasonable options?

As for when my contract is up - May 2014.  No upgrades prior to then and right now I have other priorities than spending hundreds of dollars on a new phone from SPRINT.  Refurbished is out of the question.  I have a friend who has been through 3 refurbished Droids courtesy of Verizon.  She is working on number 4 now.  And yes, Verizon did confirm each of the first 3 phones was bad, AFTER she received it and tried to get it to work.  Everything from missing parts to simply not working.  I don't care to go through that exercise with SPRINT.

Journeyman

I have been in the sprint retail store 5 times because I don't have email

for more than a day.

I was told its the phone and all they can do is cancel my email and

re-enter it. The sprint store says the phone isn't made for email and

I need an iphone which I can't afford. I haven't had email all day today

and it really makes me mad that I can't do business outside of my

home with this crapp phone.

Journeyman

EBERNI1

Oh my! That is disappointing. Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns.

May I ask, what device do you have?

Are you aware of when you would be eligible for an upgrade?

Have you investigated our early upgrade options?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

What early upgrade options are you talking about Omar?

Journeyman

Khuten

Oh. Let me clarify. You can find out if your line qualifies for an early upgrade "buy up" by accessing your my Sprint account and looking in the upgrade eligibility section. It will indicate there if you are eligible.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yeah, sorry, but I have to agree with Khuten.  I got my phone in November and made it barely a month before it started having email problems, Facebook problems, lost text problems and reboot problems. Been hearing "we're working on a solution" since then. Obviously there isn't one coming. And wasting my time running back and forth to the Sprint store for temporary fixes isn't a solution either. Quite frankly, advertising that a phone has certain options, then they don't actually work is pretty much fraud. If this model phone was a car, it would have been lemon-lawed a long time ago. It would have to be replaced, no questions asked.

Its time Sprint and LG bit the bullet on this one and offered an exchange program for Reflex owners.  I shouldnt have to wait another year for my upgrade to replace a phone that doesnt do what I paid for.

Just saying

Journeyman

The folks from SPRINT who respond to these forum posts are absolutely clueless, and you or my telling them what is wrong is getting us nowhere.  Between Omar and SprintIronman (Don) on another thread I have learned that they rely on reviews and posts like ours to find out what is going on.  They don't make decisions and frankly I don't think they have any impact on company policy.  You will be encouraged to look into an early upgrade, and if you can afford it, take it.

Otherwise, find another device and carrier.

Journeyman

Khuten

Thank you for posting your concerns and opinions. It is our job to review the posts to find out what is going on with our customers. That is the reason why we have the forum available. We also make decisions based on the situation and policy.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

My answer won't matter to the likes of Eberni1, etc...but feature phones have always had issues with email, requiring resets almost monthly.  Nobody can spend your money for you but I think the experience for someone who does 'business' email on a feature phone speaks for itself in the problems you are having.

Sometimes the right tool designed for the job is necessary. ie: smartphone...or ipad mini with $15 data plan.

It's a shoddy email app..call it what it is. It's not going to change -- it hasn't for 5 years. Best you can do is get your email running through as solid/stable a provider as possible like gmail. Even then... resets will be necessary.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat