cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting text messages from cell phone to computer?

Journeyman

Getting text messages from cell phone to computer?

I am using an LG Rumor cell phone and have a few months of text message conversations stored.  Is there any way I can transfer the text message archice to my computer to archive the conversations.  I know that I can forward each individual text message to my email address but doing that several hundred times is a major pain...

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Employee

Re: Getting text messages from cell phone to computer?

Hello DennisRunkle, this phone unfortunately was not designed with this function in mind, and you may be best suited to transfer them as you had been. Going forward, if you find this to be an important feature, you will be pleased to discover that many smartphones do have this as an available option. Android smartphones have many free applications available which can backup your text to an sms folder in your gmail account, or to your memory card. Thank you for posting, please let me know if this helps answer your question, Chris

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Will I be able to transfer current text messages on my LG Rumor to a newer phone?

Sprint Employee

No, this type of phone does not give an option to do this, but many smartphones like Android, Blackberry, iPhone, and Windows do give some options to backup, restore, and migrate.

Journeyman

So my only option to retain my text message conversations is one-at-a-freaking time forwarding to my email every individual 140-character piece of each text...

S**cks to be me...

Thanks for the confirmation of my technology shortcomings...

Sprint Employee

I do realize that it may be a somewhat drawn out process, I apologize for not having an easier way available to archive your SMS.

Journeyman

Just the fallout from a dumbphone...  Thanks!

Master

woloiu, I'm happy you have found an app that works for you with this issue. We are here for you should you have any questions or concerns in the future. Lavauna-Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

What do you think about this ? as i know ,there are have a lot of solution about the transfer data to computer or export data from computer on Google , you can get some answer from forums , blog ....

Because more and more smartphone  user have solved this question and they also like to share their method about data transfer program, like transfer text to computer ,

Journeyman

Getting messages from phone to computer means that we need to transfer messages between Android and computer in a safety way ,after the phone and computer is connected with USB cable , you can transfer everything to computer

Tags (1)
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat