cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! "No content" message when people try to send emoticons or pics

Journeyman

Help! "No content" message when people try to send emoticons or pics

My wife's phone is having problems.  She keeps getting messages that say "no content" in them.  We've figured out this happens when she gets text messages with either emoticons (a.k.a. emojis) or pictures.  SOME pictures or emoticons work fine...but if they don't the whole message is blank and we only get that "no content" message.

I've tried updating the profile, PRL, and firmware...power cycled, soft reset, etc. but with no fixes.  I see no settings that would affect this either.

Any help would be wonderful!

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Help! "No content" message when people try to send emoticons or pics

For the heck of it, download one of the following,

• Google Messenger
  • Handcent SMS

or another from the Play Store, make it your default SMS app and see if there's any change.

It's possible that the emoticons being received aren't compatible with the messaging app currently in use and the app is freaking out. If this is the case, you may want to bring it to LG's attention as well so they can create a fix. But again, we won't know for sure unless you download another SMS app from the play store and try it.

FYI, I use messenger on my primary device, very solid and I know several that use Handcent SMS, again, very solid apps. Keep us informed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, this is an LG Rumor Reflex so there isn't a google playstore on it unfortunately.

The phone does allow for apps and has a separate app search, but there are no other messaging services listed (and in fact very little is listed by way of apps for this phone).  I will keep looking and see if there is another messaging app I can use, but it looks doubtful at this point.  Thanks for the idea though.

Any other ideas?

Master

In that case, I would suspect that the emoticons that are being received are being read as invalid or incorrect emoticons. As a result, the messaging app on the phone could be blocking them from being received thinking the message is corrupt.

You may want to get a hold of LG and see if there is an update for that phone, or go through the settings to see if there is an update that can be applied. Lastly, see if LG has any advice on resolving the issue. I suspect if there is no Play Store app that the software installed on the phone is proprietary to LG. As a result, they are probably the only ones that would be able to help with the issue.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat