cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Reflect rebooting issue help needed

Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor Reflect rebooting issue help needed

I just took my LG Rumor reflect to the a service center.  They were clueless and gave me a refurbished phone.  They gave me a $50 credit to offset the $50 charge for replacing my phone.  Still,  this is completely unacceptable.  This isn't the first piece of garbage LG has made.  If you're not willing to deal with the stink of LG crap, DON'T CARRY THE CRAP IN YOUR STORES!  After 9 years as a Sprint customer, I'm surprised that I'm actually on the brink of switching to another carrier. 

Journeyman

I'm on my 4th Crash within a year with the LG Rumor Reflex, they won't upgrade me without Charging me an arm and a leg!  I'm also a loyal Sprint customer well over 9 years and amazed at the level of care they provide us...ZERO!  I've been training with the Military on now two occasions when the phone failed me, and they have never even once appologized...Away with no way of communicating with my children and again...no cares from Sprint.

Patron

I really wish I had found this before I bought this phone.  On 2/12/2013, I bought the Rumor Reflex since the previous phone I wanted was no longer availale.  Now just 75 days later, I am stuck in a constant reboot loop.  Has there been any resolve to this issue that has helped anyone?  Sprint?  Other users?  Anyone that knows?

Journeyman

Bought 4 of these on family plan about 3 months ago (knowing they were 'junk' but 'free').  Now mine started the splash screen reboot dance and no help at local Sprint store (no reset available and 50 dollars to fix). Tried the battery trick on youtube (Battery is too loose so tighten with paper or tape)- no luck. What a poor joke!

Journeyman

LG repaired unit under warranty- replaced a circuit board. Still very inconvenient and a device that was poorly made/sold

Journeyman

I have 4 phones also.  My Sprint Store told me that they have already seen 10 Rumor Reflexes with this problem this month but all they can do is charge me $50 to get me another phone.   The Sprint Store clearly knows about the problem.  The Sprint Customer Service people know NOTHING about the problem but are also thrilled to charge me $50 to replace my phone.  I contacted LG and I can send the phone back to them and they will repair it under warranty (1 year - my phone is 9 months old) provided that they see no abuse.  5-7 business days to repair after they receive it and I pay the shipping.  They (LG) claim they have no information on any systematic problems with this phone.  It sounds to me like there is a conspiracy between LG and Sprint to sweep this problem under the rug.  Does anyone know of a lawyer to file a class action suit?  I wonder how many people are being victimized by Sprint and LG about this problem.  No one at Sprint wants to help and this is clearly a PRODUCT DEFECT which should be dealt with AT NO CHARGE to customers.  But BOTH companies are ignoring customers.  I know I am going to start investigating what it will take to get out of this contract and switch to another company because Sprint is horrible to deal with and obviously cares nothing about its customers.

Journeyman

I also have a LG Rumor Reflect that is constantly rebooting and is unusable.  I took it to the Sprint store yesterday and was told that I could have new one for $50 ..and it would take 5 days.  We also have an LG Rumor Touch (other son..same family plan) and I was told that if the LG Rumor TOUCH phone stops working it would be replaced free of charge because there is a 'known' problem with that phone.   Apparently they haven't reached the magical number of complaints with the LG Rumor Reflect yet..  very frustrating. My phone is not longer under warranty.

I'm ready to leave Sprint.. we have a relatively inexpensive family plan (no smart phones) with unlimited text messaging but  we have been putting up with ridiculous delays in text messaging.  I just want a good phone with unlimited text messages (that are not delayed!) .. thinking about maybe a prepaid account with Verizon or At&T.

Journeyman

I've been with Verizon, AT&T...all of them.  You get the same thing there as you do with Sprint so going elsewhere will get you the same experience.  Just check the forums for everyone else and you'll see complaint after complaint with just about every single phone, from any carrier, from Apple on down.  I did a little digging about this industry and a few things stood out quite clear.

The first is that wireless carriers have nothing to do with the phones whatsoever.  Of the phones that are sold, they come in different tiers.  The Rumor Reflex is a tier 3 phone.  What that means is that it's a cheap piece of junk intended for those people who refuse to pay for the tier 1 (flagship) phones.  In that respect, the solution from every company I've seen is to come out with a newer model once the cheap ones show to be crappy.  So, LG now has the Rumor Reflex S.  Samsung's M400 was a pos that is now discontinued prematurely and will be replaced with a newer flip model according to the Sprint employees the last time I visited my store.

The second thing I've noticed is that every carrier has started to get rid of two year contracts and that eventually the industry will be going to bring your own device.  Why?  Because every carrier is tired of getting blamed for mfg. issues, even though they have nothing to do with the phones nor is it their responsibility to ensure customers have a working phone.  As it was explained to me, once you sign on the dotted line after buying a car, no matter what happens, ie car won't start, you get in an accident leaving the lot, no one is going to give you a "new" car.  The car you bought is the car you're stuck with until it reaches "lemon" status.  It's no different with phones.  There's a disconnect with what people believe they pay/devices are worth and how much they really cost.  Every service provider out there replaces with refurb phones.  EVERY.......SINGLE........ONE!!!   Every single carrier has a 14 day return/exchange policy and day 15 issues means refurb replacements.  As I said before, the complaints about Sprint's customer service in this thread is seen verbatim with every other carrier.  Why would Sprint be any different?

The final thing, is that no longer how long you've "been a customer", carriers are wireless service providers.  As such, they give you fair compensation by providing you wireless service.  That's what they make profit on.  They make no money on phones and everytime they replace a phone, refurb or not, you're costing the company money....money you don't make up for by paying your bill or being a customer for 20 years.  That's why I've always run into the attitudes I've see from every single carrier.  They're in the business of profit not loss so they aren't very empathetic with phone issues.  This is why the entire industry is trying very hard to get aways from 2 year contracts.  You can't blame Sprint, Verizon, and so on when the device you brought in fails.  They're forcing us to go through the mfg. just like they do with Apple and the new iOS 7 issues that are causing serious issues with the 4S and 5.  It's not their fault and they're tired of customers acting like they should be held responsible when it's the mfg. that should be held responsible. To that end, while I was just as frustrated as many here are and for the same reasons, now I actually tend to agree with the carriers regarding this.

So that's what we're dealing with and why for the most part.  Do I like it?  Do you like it?  Moot, as it is what it is.  In the meantime, I sold my Reflex to help pay off my contract and went with a flagship phone from a different mfg than LG.  No two year contract anymore.  Much better experience overall so far.  YOEMV (but hopefully not  ). lol

Journeyman

My cellular phone has broken for a 4th time with the same problem. This time while in use it reset or rebooted by itself and wouldn't initialize completely but instead stayed in a loop showing just the words RUMOR Touch over and over and over. I cannot understand why you don't send me another model instead you keep sending the same model back. "WHY CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE OF THIS PHONE IS BAD". I SENT THE PHONE TO YOU TWO TIMES BEFORE - AND AT THE FACTORY THE PHONE WAS RESET - AND EVERYTHING WAS WIPED OUT - MY CONTACTS WERE LOST (BECAUSE APPARENTLY THEY CANNOT BE RETRIEVED). THE THIRD TIME I PLEADED WITH SPRINT TO SEND ME A DIFFERENT PHONE BUT THEY WOULDN'T - AND I RECEIVED ANOTHER RUMOR REFLEX. I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER LG RUMOR REFLEX IN RETURN. THIS PHONE MODEL IS THE WORST. I DEMAND THAT YOU SPRINT SEND ME A DIFFERENT MODEL. I AM TIRE OF THE NONSENSE.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE… DO NOT SEND ME ANOTHER RUMOR REFLEX - THE PHONE IS USELESS.

I THINK THE BEST SOLUTION IS TO SEEK LEGAL ADVISE!

Journeyman

This unit should be recalled by LG and Sprint should refund all customers that have had to deal with this painful cellphone.

I am experiencing the same freeze and rebooting problem for the 4th time. I had enough, we should start circulating a list to petition congress to press legal action against this.

Orlando - NJ

Journeyman

I am now on my 4th turn with this model. I have lost pictures, contacts, files that can not be replaced. Not their problem, I guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MA2MA, I've experienced the same as you.  I purchased the LG Rumor Reflex - S, new from a Sprint store, and have had to send it back to LG (under the manufacturer's warranty) every three months, like clockwork.  After a year of that nonsense (shipping the phone back and forth, losing pictures, etc.) the manufacturers warranty expired and I've been using my old Samsung phone to ride out the rest of the contract.  The Samsung phone is definitely more reliable (I've never had to send it to the manufacturer for repairs), but it does not have a QWERTY keyboard (difficult to text), and Sprint refuses to enable Picture Mail on it without purchasing an additional data plan (My contract with Sprint states all lines should have Unlimited Picture Mail, but Sprint says I need the LG Phone to take advantage of that without purchasing a data plan)  Ridiculous.

The problems with the phone are LG's responsibility. The firmware (software on the phone computer chips) is flawed and hence the reason the problem is recurring for all customers.  However, Sprint shares in the responsibility because they do not demand that LG fix their flawed firmware and offer no replacement for a flawed product (LG should be reimbursing Sprint and Sprint should reimburse their customers, but LG will never fix the problem without pressure from a big customer, like Sprint)  Personally, I think neither Sprint nor LG have an interest in supporting feature phones so there will be no change.

Anyways, I only have about 6 months left on my contract and  then I will likely be leaving Sprint.  It is regrettable because I've been with Sprint since about 2003 and have been largely pleased with their services, but the entire LG Rumor Reflex S experience has been the source of great frustration.  My Sprint smartphones (Samsung Galaxy Note IIs) have been reliable.  My next phone will likely be another Samsung Galaxy (albeit with a different carrier)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat