cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Reflex does not power on

Master

Re: LG Rumor Reflex does not power on

kevinandmelissamoody I am so sorry about that. So that we can further assist you please Private Message us with your name, phone number, pin and link to this post. Allow up to 48 hours to be contacted. Mitzie Sprint Social Care team.
Journeyman

Ughh the same thing just happen to me yesterday!

Dissappointed

Master

Jeremy-2007 So sorry about that. Have you tried removing and reinserting the battery? If the phone is still not responding you may want to take it in to your local Sprint store. Mitzie Sprint Social Care team.
Journeyman

I am having the same problem and I have no insurance coverage and I am not due for a new phone.. I tried charging and taking battery out and those did not work.  I called the store and they have not heard of this problem.  so what it comes down to is that I am out a phone. 

Master

kellymwells,

We can certainly see what options there are to get you another phone. Please send us a private message with your phone number, account pin and a link to this post.

Thank you
*Stephanie B
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Yannick,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I would have LOVED to have already backed up my photos and contacts on my computer, but it's completely broken (stuck on the reboot screen) so I can't do that now.   It was working fine the night before it broke, so I had no indication it was time to back up everything.  Of course, I wish I had.  If I had a time machine, I'd travel back and save all my contacts and photos.  I'm so disappointed.  This thread isn't making Sprint look so good, I have to say.  This phone has stressed out a lot of your loyal customers, it seems.   

Journeyman

My LG Rumor Reflex did the same thing the day after yours.  I tried chatting to get help and they sent me to the Sprint store.  The Sprint store said they couldn't do anything.  He did tell me it is a known, common problem and that I should be thankful I haven't had any other issues!  I don't know why Sprint offers this phone if it can't even make it through a contract period and won't do anything to fix it when it breaks through no fault of a user.  We patiently waited through 2 months of poor service for the network upgrade and now this.  Very disappointed - will be shopping for new service.

Journeyman

There sure have been a lot of Sprint customers with the identical problem lately.  I too am suffering from the Rumor Reflex bubble boot loop.  Started May 13th.  Found this YouTube video showing EXACTLY what my phone is doing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqNIOzzs3s .  I bought this phone 13 months ago due to another Sprint phone going kaput.   I did not have a good experience with Sprint a year ago with the other phone. I took the Rumor Reflux to the Sprint store today and the tech did not even try to fix it.  He said they just order a replacement.  Of course he was going to charge me for it because it is just over the year warranty. 

Somehow last night I was able to get the phone into "repair mode".  The battery was in, it was plugged into the charger, I hit ## then some numbers and a repair mode screen came up.  The screen said to remove battery to reboot.  I did that and still had the reflex bubble loop.  I have not been able to get the phone back to "repair mode".  Anyone know how to get the phone into repair mode?  I am not buying another phone from sprint.  It is fix this one or replace it or I am going with a different company after 13 years.

Master

HOPDROP1970,

When you are outside the 1 year manufacture warranty you will be charged for the device to be replaced. If you have TEP (insurance) this would be covered. If you don't either you have to purchase a phone outright at full price, but a refurbished unit if the store carries them (not all stores do), contact manufacture see if they will fix the device at no cost. We stand as a middle man when we provide to service the devices or order phones for customer's. When you go through the manufacture you send your phone to them and may be without a phone for up to 2 weeks. Another option is to text upgrade to 1311 and see if you are able to upgrade to a new device. I understand that it is frustrating that your phone is not working anymore, but if you don't have insurance on the device you you will have to purchase another one.

Thanks,

Sequoyah
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

On numerous occasions, I have experienced the same issues with my LG Rumor Reflex - S from Sprint.  A mere three months after purchasing it new from a Sprint store (with a 2-year contract), my LG Rumor Reflex - S became completely unusable.  I would attempt to power the phone on and it would simply show the startup splash screen and then restart...over and over and over until the battery was removed or depleted.

I took the phone back to the Sprint Store where I had purchased it a mere three months prior and the representative was less than sympathetic, telling me that if I wanted a replacement phone I would have to pay full price since I had not purchased the insurance plan for the phone.  In my eyes, insurance is coverage to protect me when *I* do something stupid with the phone (accidentally drop it in a sewer, let it get stolen, etc.)  When the phone's firmware is defective, as is the case with this LG Rumor Reflex - S model, I EXPECT that Sprint be demanding LG provide a firmware fix to their customers and supply a substitute/replacement phone.  As we have discovered, neither of these actions have occurred.

The only option I had was to deactivate the phone (while still paying for the line on my account), ship the phone to LG for repair under their 1-year manufacturer warranty, wait for the phone to return, and reactivate the phone.  This process takes about 1-week.

Unfortunately, I've gone through this process on three separate occasions.  When the phone is returned, everything on the phone has been wiped (photos, contacts, etc.)...but it works for about 3 months and then it gets into the bad state again, requiring you to ship the phone back to LG.  A couple weeks ago, my phone entered this bad state for a FOURTH time.  I would ship it back to LG for the routine repair, except the manufacturers 1-Year warranty has expired so I would have to pay for the repair (Not going to happen).  Cumulatively, over the course of the first year with this phone, it has been in the shipping/repair cycle (unusable by me) for approximately 1-month.  In the second year of this contract, it has been unusable for 2+ weeks (next week will be the third week since I'm not going to pay to have it repaired)

I usually try to look on the bright side of things.  First, I'm very happy that the first (and last!) LG product I bought was the Sprint LG Rumor Reflex - S feature phone. About 3 months before buying the LG phone I almost purchased a $5,000 LG TV -- thankfully I went for the Samsung instead (I honestly thought LG was supposed to be a reputable electronics manufacturer)  Another bright spot is that I now have less than one year remaining on my Sprint contract.  I've been a Sprint wireless customer for about 10 years and while there have been hiccups and disappointments along the way, for the most part I was satisfied with their services.  A year ago I would have responded that I most definitely have no plans to switch from Sprint.  Presently, I would say there is a 98% chance I will be leaving for Verizon at the end of my contract (mostly due to Sprint selling me a defective phone and making me hassle with it every three months).

I should also point out that had I purchased the insurance for this phone, there would still be a $50 deductible each time the phone broke.  To date, I would have paid $200 in deductibles (assuming they allow you to claim more than once on the insurance) and over the course of two years it would be $400.

Absolutely ridiculous.  I should mention that the two Samsung Galaxy Note II phones I purchased have worked flawlessly -- if it were not for my family member wanting to use a feature phone instead of a smartphone, I probably would have never experienced this LG agony.

While LG is ultimately at fault for selling such a defective product, Sprint is equally responsible for not demanding action.  Individual customers like us who buy a few hundred dollars in phones each year are not going to change LG's behavior.  Sprint, a company that buys millions of dollars in LG products, has the leverage to get the products they sell fixed.

The bottom line is this phone issue is not the result of anything we, as customers, did to damage our LG Rumour Reflex - S phones.  The phones were sold to us with defective firmware and that can only be remedied by the manufacturer.

T

Master

Tymn,

We are very sorry to hear about this. While you have your device shipped out, you can activate a previous phone on your line so you are not without a phone for this time. Also, the deductible only applies if there is physical or liquid damage to the phone.

- Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same problem here, I lost everything. All I see is the Rumor logo. I have had my phone for a year. My question is this.. I see the first post about this problem was in 2012, it is now 2014.. Why are you still selling defective phones? Why is this phone even an option? I do not have the money for a new phone and will not be able to get a free phone for another year. We have been Sprint customers for at least 11 years, this is an awful way to treat your customers, offering trash phones. Very disappointed.

Message was edited by: goldengirl57
it was mentioned to have an older phone turned on ... I imagine there would be a fee for this too? My way of thinking since this is the fault of Sprint the fee should be waived.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat